- 7 guest reviews
"A warm welcome from convivial hosts. A great location in the heart of the countryside close to the M20 and channel ports . Would definitely..."
"absolutely stunning and a spotless countryside experience. Thanks to both owners for being caring and welcoming. Especially thanks for the b..."
"Arrived to welcomed by owner, taken to room. When asked if we had dinner plans, he sorted everything for us. Next morning we had an early sh..."
"Excellent, one of the best places we have ever stayed. Breakfast was delicious and plentiful...."
"Upon arrival we were met by Robert & Joss who made us feel like we were returning friends not first time visitors. Having never been to the..."
About the hotel
Heathwood Lodge was built in 1910, not originally as a bed & breakfast house but as a Summer residence for a business family who lived and traded in nearby Folkestone. Having typically high Edwardian ceilings and Victorian styled fireplaces, the complete house was originally internally boarded out with a pine boarding which was designed to act as insulation both in Summer and Winter. Guests will be pleased to know that full central heating is installed throughout together with water softening and a pressurised hot water system.
One special architectural feature of the house is the coloured glass top hung window sashes which are typical of the late Victorian period. All B&B guests have a full opportunity to enjoy the relaxing flower filled garden at any time with tea and refreshments available on better weather days. The house is set in a very rural, quiet area of six acres with excellent walking/hiking, cycling or horse riding facilities on the immediate doorstep.
Showing Thursday 28 May 2015 to Friday 29 May 2015Change Search
We currently have no rooms available for this hotel that match your search criteria. Try changing your search or select an alternative hotel.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception
- Family friendly
- Cots available, Pets Allowed
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available, In-room Broadband, In-room Modem Hook up, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- In room entertainment
- Video/DVD Player, TV, [Channels] News, [Channels] Music, [Channels] Childrens, Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room
- Breakfast to go
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- 16/07/2012 to 31/12/2020 - Please note that we receive payment in (£) cash or Euros or cheque by prior arrangement. At the present time we do not accept card payment. The LateRooms.com rates for Heathwood Lodge B & B in Canterbury are the total price of the room and not the 'per person' rate. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
100% would recommend it to a friend
A warm welcome in the heart of Kent
A warm welcome from convivial hosts.
A great location in the heart of the countryside close to the M20 and channel ports . Would definitely stay again.
A feel at home place
absolutely stunning and a spotless countryside experience.
Thanks to both owners for being caring and welcoming. Especially thanks for the barbecue set up for us after late arrival.