- Very Good
- 170 guest reviews
"Very nice staff...."
"Our room was amazing, we stayed in the regency room and will definitely be coming back! The staff were lovely on our check in and check out!..."
"The hotel was in a perfect location. The hotel staff were very friendly and helpful. The only negative side was there was no on site parki..."
"Nice hotel and friendly staff...."
"Can't fault the service the food or the room, other than the pathetic single pane window that was falling out of its woodwork and completely..."
About the hotel
The seaport of Barrow-in-Furness is found at the tip of the Furness peninsula, bordered by Morecambe Bay, the Duddon Estuary and the Irish Sea. It offers the ideal base to explore the Lake District and is close to Furness Abbey, Piel Island and many other attractions including South Lakes Safari Zoo (to which Imperial Hotel residents enjoy discounted admission). The Imperial Hotel is situated in the heart of Barrow, opposite the impressive Victorian Town Hall.
Designed by Architect Thomas Bennett, the hotel was built in 1875 during the boom to accommodate the wealth of prospectors and gentry attracted by the town’s industrial riches. Closed for many years, the hotel has been gloriously restored following an extensive redevelopment programme. Now re-open to the public, the Imperial Hotel is renowned for impeccable service and traditional values, bestowing each guest with a memorable stay. The Imperial Hotel consists of 49 en-suite bedrooms, all of which are designed to provide luxurious comfort and style that every guest deserves. All bedrooms feature pocket sprung luxury beds, flat screen televisions with an abundance of channels, tea and coffee making facilities and WI-FI internet access. For pure splendour, choose one of our executive rooms or suites. With king size beds, walk-in wet rooms and jacuzzi baths, each offer a delightful environment for you to relax and indulge. After a busy day of work or pleasure, the ground floor Aspire Bar provides the perfect setting to unwind. Whether you desire a long drink, a continental beer, a refined wine or celebratory champagne, your tastes are well and truly catered for. Cocktail lovers can savour the delights of an extensive menu devised by our resident mixologist – from classic Cosmopolitans to a modern Mojitos. The Imperial Hotel is seamlessly in tune with the needs of the modern world, offering wedding, business and commercial services with a choice of conference and banqueting suites accommodating up to 180 guests. A prestigious venue and impeccable support services combine to make it the perfect choice for any event.
Showing Monday 8 February 2016 to Tuesday 9 February 2016Change Search
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , Concierge , Laundry/Valet Service , Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Interconnecting rooms available
- Car parking available onsite , Car Parking Available Offsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Secretary Service , Translation Service
- In room entertainment
- TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Music , [Channels] Childrens , Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Telephone In Each Room
- Porter , Lift to all floors
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms
- Bar , Breakfast to go
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
81% would recommend it to a friend
Very nice staff.
Our room was amazing, we stayed in the regency room and will definitely be coming back.
The staff were lovely on our check in and check out!