- 9 guest reviews
"Really fantastic meal, with a specials board and butcher/fishmonger set-up to choose your cuts of meat directly with the chef. The head chef..."
"friendly staff, good beer, excellent food..."
"What a gem we found , no need for a l;ot of words, First class welcome , spotless throughout, food , dont take my word , just book and enjoy..."
"A great place. Fantastic service, really interesting and high quality dining experience. Will definitely stay again if I am in the area. Mar..."
"Lovely setting and nice quiet village. The rooms were spotless, excellent beds and shower all you need for a few nights stay. The food at di..."
About the hotel
Welcome! Sandhutton is a small and pretty village near Thirsk in the Hambleton district of North Yorkshire, and has a charming green and an interesting church. The King's Arms Pub has been the village's social hub since the early 1800s, and offers a choice range of food and drink to all who seek a taste of traditional Yorkshire hospitality. Alex Boynton and his father Raymond re-opened The King's Arms in Sandhutton in 2006 as a new joint venture which has been exceptionally successful and also involves other Boynton family members.
After an initial refurbishment, the pub is now undergoing substantial expansion and updating to offer our customers even more comfort and good service. Both of them have extensive experience of hotels and restaurants, especially of cooking delicious food. Raymond has been in the hotel and restaurant business for more than 40 years, and until recently owned and ran, in partnership with his brother, a successful country inn and restaurant, where Alex also started his career. Alex now has more than 14 years experience and has developed his own style of cuisine and hospitality which he offers at The King's Arms. What We Do The King's Arms is a modern pub and restaurant, but with a traditional outlook. We offer locally brewed real ales and an extensive range of fine wines and spirit, but what we really pride ourselves on is providing excellent reasonably priced restaurant food. Our emphasis is on simple but well cooked meals, which show the quality of our locally sourced products including meat or fish you choose yourself from our display cabinet, and organic vegetables grown only 4 miles away!
Showing Thursday 11 February 2016 to Friday 12 February 2016Change Search
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , In-room Broadband , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar
- In room entertainment
- Video/DVD Player , TV , CD Player , [Channels] News , [Channels] Sky Sports , [Channels] Music , [Channels] Childrens , Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room
- Family friendly
- Interconnecting rooms available
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar
- Mountain Bike Hire
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 12:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
100% would recommend it to a friend
Friendly staff serving the best food I have had in a while
Really fantastic meal, with a specials board and butcher/fishmonger set-up to choose your cuts of meat directly with the chef.
The head chef was away, and the substitue was fantastic, really impressed. Tiramisu was a bit dense for my tastes, but overall great.
Had a bit of trouble staying online as the signal was a bit weak, but the room was lovely and the bathroom looked brand new. Would definately reccommend
one of the best evening meals we have ever had
friendly staff, good beer, excellent food