- Very Good
- 13 guest reviews
"Very high expectations due to a previous stay, and we were not disappointed at all. Room clean and warm, food very good and a good selection..."
"A little expensive but otherwise a very pleasant B&B...."
"Sorry to write this because it's a great place and people were great too. I had no idea of the background so absolutely no preconceptions. W..."
"Stayed in many places in and around Bristol in the last decade, and this is the best of the lot! Only minutes from the motorway yet tranquil..."
"Stayed for one night while on business. Ideal location, lovely room, lovely food. However, I struggled to watch TV as it was too small to be..."
About the hotel
An historic inn offering superb accommodation, excellent food, fine wines and real ales. Nestling on the southeastern edge of the Severn Vale in the village of Lower Almondsbury, The Bowl Inn derives its name from the shape of the land surrounding the Severn Estuary. Each comfortable room has been individually furnished to complement the original architectural features uncovered during the restoration of the upper floor.
Huge ceiling beams, stonework niches and fireplaces have been revealed and skillfully restored to make each room unique. Every room is en-suite and equipped with a telephone, tea and coffee-making facilities, colour television with freeview, internet access and a hair dryer. Whether on business or pleasure, the extensive range of food, drink and accommodation will ensure your stay is most enjoyable. Parts of this picturesque, whitewashed stone inn were originally the three cottages erected in 1146 to house the monks building the adjacent church of St Mary the Virgin. During subsequent centuries, the tunnels between these cottages, the church and priory (now a farmhouse) were created to afford protection against marauding foreign invaders. The present building became a licensed inn in 1550, and it was used by James II’s sheriffs during the latter half of the seventeenth century to try supporters of the Duke of Monmouth
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Telephone In Each Room, Wake Up Call Available, Ground floor bedrooms
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms, Private dining services
- In Room Entertainment
- Video/DVD Player, TV
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled Access Bedrooms, Disabled toilets on ground floor, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar
- Lounge Menu, Bar
- [Channels] News, [Channels] Sky Sports, [Channels] Music, [Channels] Childrens
Useful Info Show/hide
- 14:00 23:00
- Up to 12 years old
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
100% would recommend it to a friend
The Bowl Inn
Very high expectations due to a previous stay, and we were not disappointed at all.
Room clean and warm, food very good and a good selection of beers and wine.
The Bowl Inn
A little expensive but otherwise a very pleasant B&B.