- 26 guest reviews
"A welcoming hotel with large, clean, if a little dated rooms. The leisure facility was lovely with a warm salt water pool. Breakfast was sel..."
"We booked the Highfield Hotel as we were flying from Leeds the following morning for a long awaited holiday, the staff at Highfield were sec..."
"I stayed here with my elderly father whilst attending a family even nearby. We had a twin room booked and were given a family room. The room..."
"Good price. Good parking. Large room - a triple - with three beds and a sofa bed. Small telly - certainly for the room. Toilet seat was a bi..."
"From the moment I arrived the staff were friendly, even showing me the room (that sadly so rarely happens nowadays). The room was large, wit..."
About the hotel
The Highfield Hotel, Bar, Restaurant, Leisure Club & Business Centre is a privately owned, family run business based in the historic town of Idle – just a few minutes drive from the centre of Bradford, only 20 minutes from the centre of Leeds, with excellent transport links to wide variety of other popular visitor centre’s such as the world heritage site Saltaire and Skipton and less than an hour’s drive from the beautiful Yorkshire Dales. > All rooms are American sized > Free use of the on site leisure club with swimming pool, spa, gymnasium, sauna and steam room. Sun beds available at a charge > Full bath & shower en-suite facilities,Toiletries & towels provided > Tea & coffee making facilities with biscuits > A light breakfast is also included > On site Restaurant Moo BBQ Steakhouse > LCD TV/DVD with 40+ channels including music/radio channels > Hairdryer, iron & board available free of charge We can also provide drinks & meals to your room, by prior arrangement The public bar is open from 12pm and serves a good selection of bar snacks and meals Monday from 12pm through to Sunday 9pm.
Also available for functions and is free from a hire charge. Games tables & machines onsite. Morrisons Superstore and many other shops within a 5 minute walking distance. We have two private function rooms which is available to hire day and night with prices starting at £60 Two on site conference/meeting facilities able to cater for up to 120 delegates
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities, Cots available, Smoking allowed in public areas, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Iron And Board In Each Room, Limited room service for hot food, Wake Up Call Available, Interconnecting rooms available, Ground floor bedrooms
- Car parking available onsite, Car Parking Available Offsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms, Business Centre
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar
- Gymnasium, Indoor Pool, Fitness Centre, Sauna, Steam Rooms, Solarium, Jacuzzi, CD Player, [Channels] News, [Channels] Music, [Channels] Childrens
- In Room Entertainment
- Video/DVD Player, TV, Satellite TV, Radio
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled Access Bedrooms, Disabled toilets on ground floor, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar, Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms, Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- Up to 12 years old
- 01/04/2015 to 01/05/2024 - Room price includes light breakfast with refreshments. Cooked breakfast available on Sundays from 9:30am for an extra charge. Full payment or card pre-authorisation may be taken any time from booking The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
77% would recommend it to a friend
The Highfield Hotel
Very good basic rooms clean and comfortable we will go back.
Way below what I expect for a hotel or for the price.
I would not stay here again.
Room was not a very good speck and had threadbare parts of the carpet and a hole. The advert said it included breakfast but this turn out to be cereal which I chose not to have as this is not breakfast to me and in the uk if accommodation says breakfast then I expect it to be a UK breakfast (English breakfast/welsh breakfast etc). Smallest TV I have ever seen in a hotel room, it could not have been much above 10". Placed some distance away it was not very view-able (and I have excellent eye sight). There was a very odd smell all along the corridor. Reception is not 24hr. The view from the room was of a crumbling wall. To me this is not really what I would think of as a hotel. I have stayed in vastly better hotels with full breakfast or a lot less. The room key was a traditional metal key which can be copied. That combined with no 24hrs reception also gives me concerns over security. While metal keys are fine for small B&B's I would have expected an electronic key for any establishment with more than a few rooms. I suspect that the room was not discount even though it was booked through later rooms. The person on reception said they start breakfast at 4am, I suspect this hotel is used a lot by work men who have to get up early and who probably get a much cheaper rate (and just go for the cheapest bed around).
Normally I find Laterooms accommodation quite reasonable and value for money. In hindsight I should have picked somewhere else.