- Very Good
- 31 guest reviews
"It was the first time I stayed, and what a surprise it was when I opened the door to my room. Wow, I couldn't believe it, and value for mone..."
"A very enjoyable stay, great service, very helpful staff..."
"I paid for four person to go to the spa. We were very disappointed. The pool is small and cold. It was supposed to be relaxing. We couldn't..."
"We decided to do a unplanned surprise visit to our daughter who lives in Guildford and after previous disasters at other Guildford hotels we..."
"The only thing missing was biscuits on the tea tray...."
About the hotel
The Guildford Harbour hotel, formally the Radisson Blu Hotel is equipped for business but designed for relaxation, the sleek glass and cool stone of the building fuses with the fabric of the city both sympathetically and sustainably. The Restaurant is headed up by the Group’s award-winning Chef Patron Alex Aitken, who successfully champions sustainable, local food, with a series of accolades to support this; most recently as runner-up for the Caterer’s ‘2015 Seafood Restaurant of the Year. Free Wi-Fi and parking is available at additional cost.
The hotel’s 181 rooms and 2 suites are light, spacious and equally good for work or play. Natural materials, smart finishes and thoughtful detailing make for a restful experience. All rooms feature generous workspaces with advanced technology, and high-speed Wi-Fi is complimentary.
The extensive business and concierge services, with complimentary Wi-Fi throughout, makes doing business easy here. A sleek urban spa, well-equipped gym and choice of dining options lining the hotel’s open colonnade also make it the perfect place to take time out.
For an exceptional dining experience look no further than our fantastic Restaurant at Guildford Harbour Hotel. Our chic and stylish restaurant specialise in mouth-watering dishes cooked to perfection. We serve delectable seafood dishes, with fresh fish caught and landed daily from our excellent local suppliers.
Before or after your meal enjoy a drink in our contemporary and stylish Bar, mixing a metropolitan vibe with an earthy soul, The Bar is a rendezvous you can always rely on to bring great cocktails and good times together.
The Our Harbour Spa put you entirely in our care and let us put time on hold - time just for you, or time for friends. Immerse yourself in a jet-propelled pool encased in frosted glass. Lose yourself in the enveloping mists of our crystal steam room and the calm of our relaxation room. Restore your reserves in our spacious gym. Emerge indulged, energised and assured of lasting results.
Guests staying at the hotel over the weekend and bank holidays can enjoy use of the spa facilities by purchasing a day pass for £10 per person; this is a 3 hour spa pass which includes use of Stone oven sauna, Aromatic crystal steam room, two refreshing showers, and Fitness pool with Contra-Flow Jets Relaxation room. This needs to be pre-booked in the spa and is subject to availability. The gym is complimentary throughout the stay and does not need to be booked. The spa and gym are complimentary for hotel guests Mon-Fri and do not need to be booked. Spa passes for guests NOT staying in the hotel is £20; this is a 3-hour spa pass and needs to be pre-booked in the spa Monday to Friday only. Guests with a treatment included in the package are invited to arrive up to one hour prior to your booking to gain the most from the hotel’s wet spa facilities and to stay for up to an hour post-treatment.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities , Air conditioning in rooms , 24 Hour Reception , Cots available , Wedding Licence , Safety Deposit Box , Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Trouser press in each room , Iron And Board In Each Room , Minibar in each room , Telephone In Each Room , 24 Hour Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Concierge , Wake Up Call Available , Interconnecting rooms available , Doctor on call , Porter , Lift to all floors , Public Air Conditioning
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , In-room Broadband , In-room Modem Hook up , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Business Centre , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar , Breakfast to go
- Gymnasium , Indoor Pool , Fitness Centre , Sauna , Steam Rooms , Massage , Beauty Salon/Manicure , [Channels] News , [Channels] Sky Sports , [Channels] Movies (Pay Per View) , [Channels] Music , [Channels] Childrens
- In Room Entertainment
- TV , Satellite TV , Radio
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms , Wheelchair Access To Leisure Facilities
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- 23/01/2013 to 31/01/2022 - Government-issued photo identification and a credit card pre-authorisation deposit are required at check-in. The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
84% would recommend it to a friend
Looks good but doesn't deliver
Great location, nice breakfast.
Awful customer service, particularly at reception (don't dare to ask any questions) and in the restaurant. Great looking room, but no mirror anywhere near a socket, so leave your GHDs at home unless you can use them blindfolded. The main thing to be aware of is the thumping music in the outside bar which goes on until late and which many rooms overlook. Not bad, but far too expensive for what you get. We will be going back to Guildford but not to this hotel.
Rude night staff
I went to the hotel after booking on here but was told by the very rood night porter that my booking had not been made despite me having an email from laterooms confirming my booking.
He then proceeded to tell me that I must take breakfast may have to pay a further £20 for my room on top of what the rate was set. he then proceeded to tell me that I must take breakfast and I would have to pay a further £20 for my room on top of what the rate was set by laterooms.
I did explain to him that I would not require breakfast and showing him the email from laterooms but he still insisted that I pay for breakfast and a further £20 overall.very Poor customer service.