- Very Good
- 35 guest reviews
"An absolutely beautiful hotel in a great location for everything you want in Edinburgh with first class service from start to finish..."
"Nearly didn't book this hotel after reading reviews but very central to shops and attractions and near to several restaurants. The lobby and..."
"Hotel was fine apart from the poorly fitting single glazed windows that offered no sound proofing whatsoever from the revellers that poured..."
"The hotel and room were lovely, but the welcome at the front counter was even better. Coming in out of the snow, I was made to feel welcome..."
About the hotel
The Carlton Hotel is a marvelous 4-star hotel, set in a traditional building, with all the modern comforts to make your stay very relaxing. Right in the heart of Edinburgh, overlooking the Royal Mile, within a 10 minute walk of Edinburgh Castle. The hotel is just a few minutes walk from Waverley Train Station and offers easy access to famous monuments and historic attractions.
With 189 spacious, well designed bedrooms, all with en suite bathrooms, these guestrooms are very comfortable. Enjoy the facilities at The Carlton health and leisure club. Equipped with a swimming pool, spa, steam room, gym, squash courts and 9 treatment rooms. The Bridge Restaurant offers quality dining and fine wines. Less formal, the Bridge Bar and lounge areas provide a selection of snacks. Car parking is available locally. Attention to detail and excellent service will make your stay at The Carlton Hotel an unforgettable experience. Free WiFi available throughout the hotel.
Showing Tuesday 26 May 2015 to Wednesday 27 May 2015Change Search
We currently have no rooms available for this hotel that match your search criteria. Try changing your search or select an alternative hotel.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception, 24 Hour Room Service, Limited room service for hot food, Concierge, Laundry/Valet Service, Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available, Interconnecting rooms available, Pets Allowed
- Wedding Licence, Doctor on call, Porter, Lift to all floors
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms, Business Centre, Private dining services
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar
- Gymnasium, Indoor Pool, Aerobics Studio, Fitness Centre, Sauna, Steam Rooms, Massage, Beauty Salon/Manicure, Jacuzzi, Squash Courts
- In room entertainment
- TV, Satellite TV, [Channels] News, [Channels] Music, [Channels] Childrens, Radio
- In room facilities
- Safety Deposit Box, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Telephone In Each Room
- Car Parking Available Offsite
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled Access Bedrooms, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar, Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms, Wheelchair Access To Leisure Facilities
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
74% would recommend it to a friend
An absolutely beautiful hotel in a great location for everything you want in Edinburgh with first class service from start to finish
Welcoming and central hotel
Nearly didn't book this hotel after reading reviews but very central to shops and attractions and near to several restaurants.
The lobby and bar/restaurant were very welcoming but the rooms were dark, and the area is very noisy at night and early morning. Saying that there was everything you needed including a fridge, a lovely bathroom and comfy chairs. The buffet breakfast was good. I would say if you are travelling on the train take the Princes Street exit from the station and walk over the bridge to the hotel rather than the steps at the other end as we did as this was a nightmare with cases. We did enjoy our trip to Edinburgh to celebrate my Birthday.