- 2 guest reviews
"Lovely hotel in an excellent location..."
"Hotel is about 5 mins walk from the Plaza Major. We had room 104 which was on a sort of mezzanine over the bar and restaurant. If you were i..."
About the hotel
"La Posada del León de Oro", totally reformed, open its doors again in 2010, restructured in a singular hotel with a wonderful design. It's 17 rooms, all difference, will provided you with new emotions and give you the opportunity to live an unforgettable experiences. Located in the heart of Madrid, close to the Plaza Mayor, Puerta del Sol, Royal Palace y Triángulo del Arte ( Prado Museum, Thyssen-Bornemisza Museum and Reina Sofia National Museum).
La Posada del León de Oro is located in the Austrias´s neighborhood, in the middle of the bohemian district of La Latina, last shelter of artists, actors and poets, and really close to the shopping areas. It is also known because is one of the most popular areas on the weekends, and an excellent place to have some “tapas” and "drinks", with several taverns and terrace bars, where you can enjoy the wonderful Madrid night, visited from locals and tourists. This old building from the 19th century has been converted in a boutique hotel with a singular design. You can see it, in its large rooms; all of them are different and with the latest trends in decoration and technologies, like free wifi or underfloor heating. We have recovered a part of the “Muralla Cristiana” Christian Walls from the 12nd century that cross the building with the “Corrala” are one of the most singular elements of the Hotel. It has several diplomas like “Establecimiento tradicional madrileño” (Traditional establishment from Madrid) or “Empresa Centenria” (Centenary company), awarded in 1981 and 1987 by “Cámara de comercio de Madrid (Madrid´s Chamber of Commerce). Our restaurant concept is a renovation of traditional cuisine and a diversification of the typical dishes from the center of Spain (Iberian products from Salamanca, Meats from Ávila and Dishes from Castilla…) accompanied with really good wines, you can choose from more than 300 references, that convert us with a enological reference in the area. Between all of the wines, have an special relevance, the wines from the “Denominación de origin de la Comunidad de Madrid”, because it is the only Capital City of the world that give its name to a Protected Designation of Origin.
Showing Monday 25 May 2015 to Tuesday 26 May 2015Change Search
We currently have no rooms available for this hotel that match your search criteria. Try changing your search or select an alternative hotel.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities
- In room facilities
- Air conditioning in rooms, Safety Deposit Box, Hairdryer in each room, Minibar in each room, Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception, 24 Hour Room Service, Limited room service for hot food, Laundry/Valet Service, Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available
- Wi-Fi Available, In-room Broadband, In-room Modem Hook up, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms, Private dining services
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar
- In room entertainment
- TV, Satellite TV, [Channels] News, [Channels] Foreign (European), [Channels] Music
- Lift to all floors, Public Air Conditioning
- Car Parking Available Offsite
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar
- Mountain Bike Hire
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 12:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
100% would recommend it to a friend
Lovely hotel in an excellent location
Hotel is about 5 mins walk from the Plaza Major.
We had room 104 which was on a sort of mezzanine over the bar and restaurant. If you were in bed early, I think it would be noisy so probably not good if you have kids. However, we were out quite late so no problem for us. The room was quite spectacular - very large, fantastic decor and loads of hanging and drawer space for clothes. We didn't eat here but had a couple of drinks at the bar. Service was great. Loads of bars and restaurants in the street and surrounding streets. Only minor thing was that there were no toiletries in the room - odd, as they provided a comb, shower cap and shoe cleaning cloth.