- Very Good
- 18 guest reviews
"The room was clean enough and the bed comfy, but unless you are first up in the morning, don't expect a gentle rise and shine at a time of y..."
"Nice friendly staff etc. Slightly tarnished by being served wrong meal on 2nd night. My fault to some extent because I didn't bring it to at..."
"I have stayed here twice. Room, food and staff excellent. Early breakfast available and freshly cooked. Easy and free car park on site. Wifi..."
"Very happy with my stay and will be coming back!..."
"Nice one night stay, friendly staff. Some left-behind jewellery was found and immediately sent by post..."
About the hotel
The Dog and Bear overlooks Lenham’s picturesque historic square and combines the atmosphere of a relaxing and friendly village local with all the comforts of a modern hotel and restaurant. The Dog and Bear has 24 recently-refurbished en-suite bedrooms, including one with a four-poster bed, decorated in traditional village style. Guests can soak up the historic atmosphere while still enjoying all the modern comforts available.
The Dog and Bear is ideally placed to explore Lenham and its picturesque countryside or to visit Leeds Castle, just 10 minutes’ drive away. Just off the A20 and close to Junction 8 of the M20, the pub is conveniently placed to explore the whole of Kent and to enjoy walks on the North Downs.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Cots available , Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Trouser press in each room , Telephone In Each Room , Wake Up Call Available
- Car parking available onsite , Car Parking Available Offsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar , Breakfast to go
- In Room Entertainment
- TV , Satellite TV , Radio
- [Channels] News , [Channels] Sky Sports
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
89% would recommend it to a friend
A reasonable stay
The room was clean enough and the bed comfy, but unless you are first up in the morning, don't expect a gentle rise and shine at a time of your choosing.
Thumping feet (possibly boisterous children), doors constantly slamming, wheeled cases over cobbles, caterers, deliveries.... And although the website states all rooms with bath and shower, ours only had a shower. It was a very small shower with a large mixer valve that took up valuable space. I'm a small person and I banged elbows and caught the hot pipe whilst washing my hair, TOH at 6'1 and of substantial build didn't stand a chance, poor chap. Water pressure was poor also which is always disappointing as it's easily remedied. No real complaints tho, it was what it was.
Nice friendly staff etc.
Slightly tarnished by being served wrong meal on 2nd night. My fault to some extent because I didn't bring it to attention-bar was busy and I was hungry!Didn'appreciate yapping dog sat up to adjoining table with its 2 owners.