- Very Good
- 17 guest reviews
"I like staying in unusual places and this converted building was great. The room was very good and had unusual features that fit the harbour..."
"We arrived early & we greeted by the friendly staff & given our room immediately. The hotel at present only has 11 rooms for guests & ours w..."
"Comfy, clean & perfect for our short family break...."
"Really enjoyed the hotel and fabulous location great restaurant on the first floor though not the place for a quiet drink in the bar at grou..."
"We are 3 chaps ranging from 46 to 60+ in age so look for comfort!! The Ship looked to be perfect and to a large degree it was the staff were..."
About the hotel
Naval heritage meets contemporary style at the Ship and Trades, in the heart of Chatham stylish marina. Dating from 1875, the Ship and Trades’ basic structure is a steel frame that once housed dockyard offices and an engineering shop. The 'skeleton' has been totally transformed into an ultra-modern bar, restaurant and hotel, overlooking one of the yacht basins at the former Royal Naval Dockyard.
The inside has been transformed into a stylish, contemporary space, with feature fireplaces, a comfortable lounge area and two “snugs” for more intimate gatherings. Images of boats, maps and ropework celebrate the area’s nautical heritage. Comfortable furnishings and soft lighting create a relaxed, laid-back ambience, in which guests can enjoy bar meals, snacks and Shepherd Neame’s selection of traditional Kentish ales, distinctive international lagers and carefully-selected new world wines. The contemporary style also extends to the 11 bedrooms. Outside, there is ample waterfront seating overlooking the pleasure boats in the marina and across the River Medway to Upnor Castle. The pub is a short stroll from Dickens World, The Historic Dockyard Chatham and Dockside Outlet Shopping Centre and just a mile from Rochester, with its Norman castle and cathedral.
Showing Wednesday 4 May 2016 to Thursday 5 May 2016Change Search
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite , Car Parking Available Offsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar
- In room entertainment
- TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Music , Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- Wake Up Call Available
- Lift to all floors
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
88% would recommend it to a friend
I like staying in unusual places and this converted building was great.
The room was very good and had unusual features that fit the harbour location.
Will be Back
We arrived early & we greeted by the friendly staff & given our room immediately.
The hotel at present only has 11 rooms for guests & ours was in need of a little TLC, however we found out the hotel is about. to undergo an expansion & refit so we look forward to our next visit. Although my Wife & I were in Chatham for a Sad Family occasion our stay at the Ship & Trades was an enjoyable time as the Staff were Excellent & a Credit not only to their employer but to themselves as well. I would recommend the food just be sure to watch the waistline at the same time.