- Very Good
- 32 guest reviews
"Comfy, clean & perfect for our short family break...."
"Really enjoyed the hotel and fabulous location great restaurant on the first floor though not the place for a quiet drink in the bar at grou..."
"We are 3 chaps ranging from 46 to 60+ in age so look for comfort!! The Ship looked to be perfect and to a large degree it was the staff were..."
"Very nice room, great location and food was excellent. would definitely stay again..."
"Nice room, great location and the breakfast was really nice. We would definitely stay here again...."
About the hotel
Naval heritage meets contemporary style at the Ship and Trades, in the heart of Chatham stylish marina. Dating from 1875, the Ship and Trades’ basic structure is a steel frame that once housed dockyard offices and an engineering shop. The 'skeleton' has been totally transformed into an ultra-modern bar, restaurant and hotel, overlooking one of the yacht basins at the former Royal Naval Dockyard.
The inside has been transformed into a stylish, contemporary space, with feature fireplaces, a comfortable lounge area and two “snugs” for more intimate gatherings. Images of boats, maps and ropework celebrate the area’s nautical heritage. Comfortable furnishings and soft lighting create a relaxed, laid-back ambience, in which guests can enjoy bar meals, snacks and Shepherd Neame’s selection of traditional Kentish ales, distinctive international lagers and carefully-selected new world wines. The contemporary style also extends to the 11 bedrooms. Outside, there is ample waterfront seating overlooking the pleasure boats in the marina and across the River Medway to Upnor Castle. The pub is a short stroll from Dickens World, The Historic Dockyard Chatham and Dockside Outlet Shopping Centre and just a mile from Rochester, with its Norman castle and cathedral.
Showing Wednesday 29 July 2015 to Thursday 30 July 2015Change Search
We currently have no rooms available for this hotel that match your search criteria. Try changing your search or select an alternative hotel.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities
- Car parking available onsite, Car Parking Available Offsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar
- In room entertainment
- TV, [Channels] News, [Channels] Music, Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- Wake Up Call Available
- Lift to all floors
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled Access Bedrooms, Disabled toilets on ground floor, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar, Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
91% would recommend it to a friend
Another sad breakfast
Nice room let down on a hot day by no air conditioning or decent ventilation.
Lovely breakfast area, fantastic view of marina whilst eating but breakfast lacking any sign of tlc. No longer serving freshly made coffee as on my last visit, lukewarm coffee is now available from an insulated jug. I only wanted toast for breakfast but requested it only lightly browned - but this was not to be. No butter or marmalade was available.
Ship and Trades
Comfy, clean & perfect for our short family break.