- 15 guest reviews
"Only stayed one night prior to visiting local university but found it to be great place and great staff .Will definitely stay there again if..."
"We stayed here for two nights. Thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Staff very friendly, breakfast was lovely. The only thing we found our room quit..."
"Great stay with very good food...."
"Stayed for a relaxing one night break, friendly staff, great room, good food, what more could you ask for?..."
"Stayed overnight on a Friday night, after the pub closed there were a group of very noisy drunk people in the car park until 1am shouting &..."
About the hotel
History, character and distinctive food and drink make a visit to the New Flying Horse, Wye, a delightful experience but even that’s topped by a unique garden feature. As well as a log fire and oak beams, the 17th-century posting house has an authentic recreation of a Chelsea Flower Show gold medal winner, Julian Dowle’s successful design A Soldier’s Dream of Blighty. The Chelsea Pensioners’ Garden was created for the 2005 Chelsea Flower Show, with input from the Chelsea Pensioners themselves, and includes a Dig for Victory vegetable garden, a pond, a field of poppies and a miniature traditional English pub.
It forms the centrepiece of an extensive garden, with play area where visitors can dine al fresco or enjoy cream teas during the summer months. The pub serves authentic Kentish cask ales, kept in perfect condition and also offers a wide range of wines. Amusements include dominoes, cards and board games as well as a regular quiz night and monthly acoustic indie and jazz sessions. With nine comfortable letting rooms, the pub is a good base to explore the surrounding countryside with the cathedral city of Canterbury just a short drive away.
Showing Saturday 10 October 2015 to Sunday 11 October 2015Change Search
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar
- In room entertainment
- TV , [Channels] News , Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Telephone In Each Room
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
100% would recommend it to a friend
Cracking place to stay
Only stayed one night prior to visiting local university but found it to be great place and great staff .Will definitely stay there again if we have to go back to Canterbury.
We stayed here for two nights.
Thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Staff very friendly, breakfast was lovely. The only thing we found our room quite small. We were put out in a room just outside the pub. It was very clean very good bathroom etc but if you needed to spend some time in the room it could be a problem. We were out most of the time, so didn't cause us a problem. We would definitely return but would ask for a bigger room next time.