- Very Good
- 19 guest reviews
"Booked this hotel by chance after seeing it on the Internet. So glad we did. Superb location and a beautiful old building - modern in the am..."
"Our stay at Solberge Hall was outstanding. The staff were friendly from the start and helpful. The food was excellent; Tasty and the service..."
"Solberge is a beautiful hotel set in lovely countryside. The rooms are comfortable and staff very helpful. The restaurant food was outstandi..."
"A very enjoyable stay. A very spacious and comfortable room .Evening meal and breakfast were excellent, as were the staff...."
"beautiful room but rather hot at 29 degrees with no air conditioning or a fan in room, lovely friendly staff, decent breakfast, please note..."
About the hotel
This majestic Georgian Manor House is set in 9 acres of gardens and woodland and is a relaxing sumptuous retreat conveniently only 10 minutes from the A1. Solberge Hall is approached via a long sweeping driveway standing proudly in calm and tranquil surroundings.
The hotel offers comfort and sophistication and there is a pleasant mix of old and new where the traditional old English charm of the Hall blends with modern day facilities.
Large windows allow an abundance of natural daylight to flood the rooms while you enjoy the magnificent views of the Yorkshire countryside. Our friendly and welcoming staff are committed to offering the very highest standards of hospitality, so that you can enjoy an extremely relaxing experience.
The Garden Room Brasserie is an award winning restaurant which offers fresh locally sourced dishes, and availability for private dining. Afterwards enjoy coffee in the Talbot Lounge while admiring the views of the magnificent grounds. During the day treat yourself to a typical Yorkshire cream tea in the elegant ambience of the drawing room while enjoying the view through the large picture windows.
The hotel bedrooms, all en suite, are well equipped, spacious and airy with bright decor, flat screen Freeview TV with DVD player, WiFI and complimentary drink making facilities. While all vary in shape and size each maintain the same high standards of comfort you expect from a country house retreat.
Solberge Hall is perfectly situated for visiting Yorkshire’s Coasts, Moors and the Yorkshire Dales which is home to a varied collection of landscapes including a national park, heather-topped moors, colourful hay-meadows and not forgetting the picturesque traditional stone built villages.
Solberge Hall is only a drive away from the Medieval City of York which hosts a wealth of arts, crafts, historic sights and museums for all ages. Also within reach of Solberge Hall is the village of Goathland which rose to fame as Aidensfield, the 1960's setting for the popular ITV police series Heartbeat.
Historic houses including Castle Howard & Harewood House are within easy driving distance as are the four market towns of Helmsley, Kirbymoorside, Malton and Pickering, are all steeped in tradition. The coastal resorts of Whitby, Robin Hood's Bay, Scarborough and Filey are all worthy of a visit.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , Concierge , Laundry/Valet Service , Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available
- Wedding Licence , Porter , Ground floor bedrooms
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , In-room Broadband , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Business Centre , Secretary Service , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar , Breakfast to go
- In room entertainment
- TV , [Channels] News , Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Iron And Board In Each Room , Telephone In Each Room
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
95% would recommend it to a friend
Solberge Hall Hotel
Booked this hotel by chance after seeing it on the Internet.
So glad we did. Superb location and a beautiful old building - modern in the amenities but still retaining its charm. Staff were great and will be going back asap.
Our Stay at Solberge Hall Hotel
Our stay at Solberge Hall was outstanding.
The staff were friendly from the start and helpful. The food was excellent; Tasty and the service was very quick. The rooms were comfortable and well furnished, as was the bed. We especially liked the grounds and lawns around the hotel that you can stroll around in the evening. The price of the accommodation was extremely good value. We will definitely be heading back there again. The only very minor issue was the other guests who were bumping around and banging doors on the last night, which is not the Hotel's fault to be fair. Other than that, a great hotel.