- Very Good
- 28 guest reviews
"Charming staff on reception. Ideal for Truro and surrounding area. Off street parking. Room suitable for my two night stay on business in to..."
"Very decent accommodation; good location, comfortable, friendly, reasonably spacious, clean and well run. I can recommend. My only quibbles..."
"Nice enough hotel, staff very friendly, room acceptable, beds good, bathroom a bit icky. My gripe is we were told more than once that if we..."
"Recently re-furbished hotel with good parking which is very helpful especially near a city centre. Staff friendly and helpful. Very comfort..."
About the hotel
Perfectly positioned near the centre of Truro – Cornwall’s buzzing and beautiful cathedral city – The Merchant House is just a short stroll from the nearby train station and a host of fabulous bars, restaurants and shops. With plenty of free parking for customers, this 29-bedroom hotel features classic decor with original features and beautiful stained-glass windows, bringing to life its unique heritage as a former merchant’s home. The hotel’s friendly crew are on hand to introduce guests to the fantastic facilities, which include free Wi-Fi throughout, secure storage for bicycles, drying room for walkers, launderette (fee applies) and fully-equipped conference rooms, as well as pointing out top places to visit nearby including Falmouth, Padstow and the Eden Project.
Whether visiting for business or pleasure, the clean and comfortable double, twin, family and single rooms are guaranteed to offer a great night’s stay thanks to the fluffy duvets, large flat screen televisions and tea and coffee facilities. You can also enjoy complimentary tea/coffee and homemade cake served in our lounge in the afternoons. We also have allocated rooms which are dog friendly as we realise that for some of you a holiday wouldn’t be a holiday without your four-legged friend. Please call and check the hotel has a pet friendly room available prior to booking. Cost per pet is £10 per night. *** HOTEL POLICY: ALL RESERVATIONS ARE CHARGED AT THE TIME OF BOOKING ***
Showing Tuesday 6 October 2015 to Wednesday 7 October 2015Change Search
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Pets Allowed
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Private dining services
- In room entertainment
- TV , Satellite TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Sky Sports
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- Wake Up Call Available
- Ground floor bedrooms
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
- Bar , Breakfast to go
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
79% would recommend it to a friend
Poor customer service and not a hotel.
We arrived and found that they only provided breakfast so not a hotel.
We asked if they did room service and told "no". Then the room info said they could provide sandwiches or arrange a takeaway - neither of which was offered. The room was clean and tidy but weirdly laid out with the wash basin outside the shower room. The kettle was in an unlit area. The TV was to the side of the bed and DVD function on the TV didn't work. During the night we were kept awake by a flashing light on the fire detector but as this was after midnight we did not feel it an emergency worthy of bothering the emergency number. When we went to check out we weren't asked how our stay was and just got "okay thanks bye". We got the impression that as we booked through LateRooms they didn't care much about us. Great location for Truro City Centre but definitely not worth the full tariff.