- 7 guest reviews
"Friendly and welcoming staff, excellent accomodation and food...."
"The Black Bull Inn was everything my friend and I hoped for on our visit to the gardens of Cambridgeshire. It was in a good location close t..."
"Great service and very friendly staff. Happy to recommend and would use again. £22 taxi fare back from Cambridge so easy enough to visit cit..."
"First rate inn with rooms. Bar very welcoming. Food at dinner very good as was breakfast. Room large and comfortable. Excellent place for a..."
"Lovely 'Olde World' pub, pleasant choice of restaurant/bar area to eat, good atmosphere. Dinner superb and breakfast freshly cooked to order..."
About the hotel
Classic 16th Century Grade II listed thatched Freehouse at the heart of a pretty conservation village. This gem has just been taken over by the owners of the award-winning Red Lion Hinxton and has been brought up to the same standards. Beamed ceilings, log fires, four cask ales, serious kitchen (AA rosette and new sister pub to multi-award winning Red Lion Hinxton), separate stunningly restored dining room, patio, beer garden, fresh refurbishment.
Five newly refurbished double ensuites (AA four stars), free internet access. All 6ft (super king) doubles/twins; All ensuite with bath&shower There has been no compromise on quality: Top of the Range open-coil spring system mattresses, deep-base divans Down pillows Solid oak Craftsman made furniture Chrome towel rails on the hot water system (always on) Close to Chilford Hall Vineyard, Cambridge Colleges, Newmarket race course, Duxford Imperial War Museum, Stansted Airport, Audley End House, Addenbrookes, Cambridge, NB Check in: 1-3pm or 6-11pm (1-10:30pm Saturdays and Sundays) unless special arrangements are made Check out: before 10:30am (11am weekends)
Showing Tuesday 21 April 2015 to Wednesday 22 April 2015Change Search
We currently have no rooms available for this hotel that match your search criteria. Try changing your search or select an alternative hotel.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout
- Family friendly
- Cots available
- Car parking available onsite, Car Parking Available Offsite
- Wi-Fi Available, In-room Broadband, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar
- In room entertainment
- Video/DVD Player, TV, CD Player, Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room
- Ground floor bedrooms, Lift to all floors
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled Access Bedrooms, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar, Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 13:00 hours
- Until 10:00 hours
- 08/10/2012 to 29/02/2016 - CHECK IN TIMES: Monday - Friday : Between 1pm - 3pm OR 5:30pm - 11pm. Saturday and Sunday : Between 1pm - 11pm/10:30pm respectively The LateRooms.com rates for The Black Bull Inn Balsham in CAMBRIDGE are the total price of the room and not the 'per person' rate. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
100% would recommend it to a friend
Revisit old colleagues and school-friends in Cambridge and Lavenham
Friendly and welcoming staff, excellent accomodation and food.
Welcoming and comfortable village pub
The Black Bull Inn was everything my friend and I hoped for on our visit to the gardens of Cambridgeshire.
It was in a good location close to the M11 and Cambridge, our rooms were pleasant and comfortable with free wifi and the food was excellent. The staff were helpful and service was efficient.