"Everything was satisfactory..."
"They always have a "problem with the room," and they always redirect to the Norfolk Hotel, providing that it is a hotel with a better standa..."
"I was directed to another hotel (the Norfolk hotel) on arrival at smithys. The Norfolk is a lovely hotel and ideal for what i wanted. Good c..."
About the hotel
Just 3 miles from Birmingham centre, Smithys Hotel offers free parking. Wi-Fi is available in all areas and breakfast is available daily. Please note there is a cost of £5 for using Wi-Fi at the hotel.
With a 24-hour front desk, the hotel is a 5-minute drive from New Street Station. The cosy bedrooms all have a private en-suite bathrooms. All rooms have work desks, free tea and coffee facilities are also provided complimentary for guests. Breakfast is served daily in the pleasant dining room. Situated in residential Edgbaston, Smithys Hotel is 20 minutes’ drive from the NEC. Birmingham International Airport is just 12 miles away and Birmingham’s central Bullring Shopping area is less than 10 minutes’ drive.
Showing Friday 29 May 2015 to Saturday 30 May 2015Change Search
We currently have no rooms available for this hotel that match your search criteria. Try changing your search or select an alternative hotel.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities, Smoking allowed in public areas
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception, Concierge, Laundry/Valet Service, Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available
- Car parking available onsite, Valet Parking
- Wi-Fi Available, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas
- In room entertainment
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room
- Ground floor bedrooms
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled Access Bedrooms, Disabled toilets on ground floor, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar, Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms, Wheelchair Access To Leisure Facilities, Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
- Bar, Breakfast to go
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The LateRooms.com rates for Smithys Hotel in BIRMINGHAM are the total price of the room and not the 'per person' rate. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
26% would recommend it to a friend
Worst hotel I have ever stayed at
The room I stayed in was disgusting and I didn't sleep a wink.
The radiator was completely brown, there were bugs in the shower, paint coming off the walls, broken tv, writing on the walls, mould + rust everywhere, a bad smell and a bed that was so uncomfortable it gave me a bad back the next day. Hotels like this should not even be running. I would never have stayed here unless it was a last resort however it was too late at night to find another one. It wasn't even worth the mere £20 I paid for the single room. Awful.
Arrived at hotel which looked a bit run down, and after initial language problems I was told problems with rooms, and sent to another hotel about a mile or so further along Road.
This seemed a much better place tbh. No problems with booking in everything seemed to have been taken care of. So the review is more about the norfolk hotel rather than smithys.