- Very Good
- 16 guest reviews
"When I arrived I was greeted promptly, and shown to my room. This room had obviously not been made up as there was rubbish in the bin & towe..."
"When we arrived the initial impression was of a typical country pub but once inside we realised we were somewhere special. The quality of th..."
"We were greeted upon arrival and one of the staff offered to give us his parking space as there was very little space behind the hotel. Our..."
"The staff was very kind, friendly, helpfull and I enjoyed my stay...."
"Lovely little pub in a quiet village. Our room was lovely and cosy on a cold wet night. We ate in the restaurant which was very popular. The..."
About the hotel
Our beautiful recently refurbished en-suite accommodation is the ideal place to lay your head after a hard day's hiking around our fascinating landscape, a relaxing day soaking up the history of our area or simply kicking back with a pint of local brew or a good bottle of red in front of our coal fire! Being in Cumbria we are close to a number of different activities such as, Pony Trekking, Cycling/Mountain Biking, Fell Walking, Water Sports, Gliding, Fishing, Bird Watching, Shooting or if you fancy pampering yourself there are great spa days available at nearby Center Parcs, Whinfell Forest We have Seven En-Suite Rooms in total all named after the local area. All of our bedrooms provide our guests with ample space to relax, with large flat screen TV, wi-fi internet access available throughout the building & tea & coffee making facilities. We try to provide our guests with everything they required to have a perfect break! Included is our Full Traditional Cumbrian Breakfast, complete with our own Special Recipe Sausages, the perfect end to a perfect break.
We can also offer the fantastic opportunity of a relaxing fishing break as the Black Swan owns the fishing rights on a 4. 5 mile stretch of the picturesque River Eden, famous for Trout & Salmon fishing. Close by there are also several fishing lakes including Cocklakes Trout Farm, Blencarn Fishing Lake, Winns Pond & Bessy Beck Trout Farm all within a 10-15 minute drive away! A huge advantage to the fisherman coming to this area is the famous John Norris of Penrith shop is here for all your fishing tackle needs.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities , Smoking allowed in public areas
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Interconnecting rooms available , Children's Facilities - Indoor , Children's Facilities - Outdoor
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite , Car Parking Available Offsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- Restaurant , Bar , Breakfast to go
- In room entertainment
- Video/DVD Player , TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Sky Sports , [Channels] Music , [Channels] Childrens
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
94% would recommend it to a friend
Slightly over-priced for what it is
When I arrived I was greeted promptly, and shown to my room.
This room had obviously not been made up as there was rubbish in the bin & towels on the floor still. That was sorted very quickly by a move to the room next door, which was larger & slightly nicer. Given that the original room was the same price, I do not think that charging £90 was warranted. The staff in the bar in the evening were friendly, but it took me a little while to raise someone to get breakfast in the morning (no buffet as it was quite empty). Overall, and given the location, it is a nice room in a pub - and over-priced, particularly out of season.
When we arrived the initial impression was of a typical country pub but once inside we realised we were somewhere special.
The quality of the fixtures and fittings were second to none and our room was exceptional. We decided to have our rvening meal there and were glad we did as the food was of a very high standard ( I can personally recommend the artic char ). The staff were very pleasant, skilled and helpful and our stay was only improved by the lovely local people who made us feel at home. We will definetly return for another break.