- Very Good
- 18 guest reviews
"The staff was very kind, friendly, helpfull and I enjoyed my stay...."
"Lovely little pub in a quiet village. Our room was lovely and cosy on a cold wet night. We ate in the restaurant which was very popular. The..."
"We enjoyed our stay and could not fault the service we received. The whole inn was sparkling clean and the food was very good if a tad overp..."
"Booked through LateRooms, quite a lot cheaper than booking direct. Room not ready at 2pm, but because new bed and mattress being installed,..."
"Fantastic place to stay, it has been beautifully decorated, breakfast was lovely and staff so helpful and polite. Would definitely recommend..."
About the hotel
Our beautiful recently refurbished en-suite accommodation is the ideal place to lay your head after a hard day's hiking around our fascinating landscape, a relaxing day soaking up the history of our area or simply kicking back with a pint of local brew or a good bottle of red in front of our coal fire! Being in Cumbria we are close to a number of different activities such as, Pony Trekking, Cycling/Mountain Biking, Fell Walking, Water Sports, Gliding, Fishing, Bird Watching, Shooting or if you fancy pampering yourself there are great spa days available at nearby Center Parcs, Whinfell Forest We have Seven En-Suite Rooms in total all named after the local area. All of our bedrooms provide our guests with ample space to relax, with large flat screen TV, wi-fi internet access available throughout the building & tea & coffee making facilities. We try to provide our guests with everything they required to have a perfect break! Included is our Full Traditional Cumbrian Breakfast, complete with our own Special Recipe Sausages, the perfect end to a perfect break.
We can also offer the fantastic opportunity of a relaxing fishing break as the Black Swan owns the fishing rights on a 4. 5 mile stretch of the picturesque River Eden, famous for Trout & Salmon fishing. Close by there are also several fishing lakes including Cocklakes Trout Farm, Blencarn Fishing Lake, Winns Pond & Bessy Beck Trout Farm all within a 10-15 minute drive away! A huge advantage to the fisherman coming to this area is the famous John Norris of Penrith shop is here for all your fishing tackle needs.
Showing Wednesday 29 July 2015 to Thursday 30 July 2015Change Search
We currently have no rooms available for this hotel that match your search criteria. Try changing your search or select an alternative hotel.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities, Smoking allowed in public areas
- Family friendly
- Cots available, Interconnecting rooms available, Children's Facilities - Indoor, Children's Facilities - Outdoor
- Car parking available onsite, Car Parking Available Offsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- Restaurant, Bar, Breakfast to go
- In room entertainment
- Video/DVD Player, TV, [Channels] News, [Channels] Sky Sports, [Channels] Music, [Channels] Childrens
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled toilets on ground floor, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
94% would recommend it to a friend
Very happy with my stay at your hotel
The staff was very kind, friendly, helpfull and I enjoyed my stay.
A cosy stay
Lovely little pub in a quiet village.
Our room was lovely and cosy on a cold wet night. We ate in the restaurant which was very popular. The food was tasty and service very good. Breakfast also very well cooked.