- Very Good
- 18 guest reviews
"The hotel is set in breathtaking scenery, and it is a comfortable and friendly place to stay. The room was spotlessly clean, with comfortabl..."
"We really enjoyed this stay. Wonderful view from the hotel room. Really unpretentious hotel and well run with friendly staff. Food was excel..."
"Just spent two days at The Cow & Calf, the bedroom was small but everything else was very good. We couldn't fault the staff, they were all e..."
"Place was clean and tidy. Staff were outstanding and nothing was too much trouble for them...."
"rooms a little basic but food was excellent and staff very friendly and efficient..."
About the hotel
With awe-inspiring views across Wharfedale, this characterful 19th century lodge is easily one of the most idyllic hotels in Ilkley. A stone’s throw from Ben Rhydding Golf Course, and just a short drive from Leeds and Bradford, it’s an ideal bolt-hole for short breaks and weekend getaways. Its classic Victorian structure houses 13 comfy rooms and bags of period charm, making it a lovely place to unwind.
While down in the pub you can continue the relaxation over a well-kept pint of cask ale and a plate of hearty, seasonally inspired food. If the Yorkshire Dales are a paradise for walkers and ramblers, then the spa town of Ilkley is a sanctuary for those who love to browse shops and take afternoon tea. Whichever way you’re inclined, Ilkley Moor (as immortalised in the famous song) and its four-mile prehistory trail are well worth exploring. The area is as rich in heritage as it is in scenery, with unspoilt moors, burial cairns, stone circles and Roman forts scattered across the hills and dales of the Wharfe Valley. You won’t have to go far to find the iconic Cow and Calf rocks, though – this historic treasure is just opposite the lodge.
Showing Wednesday 29 July 2015 to Thursday 30 July 2015Change Search
We currently have no rooms available for this hotel that match your search criteria. Try changing your search or select an alternative hotel.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities
- Family friendly
- Cots available
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available, In-room Broadband, In-room Modem Hook up, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- Restaurant, Bar, Breakfast to go
- In room entertainment
- TV, Satellite TV, [Channels] Childrens
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Telephone In Each Room
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled toilets on ground floor, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Bar, Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 12:00 hours
- 02/05/2015 to 04/05/2015 - **MAJOR EVENT** Tour De Yorkshire - Possible FULL day road closure from 7am. Restricted Parking Limited Restaurant Food Menu available Any queries please contact 08451 551 551 The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
94% would recommend it to a friend
Lovely place in a beautiful setting
The hotel is set in breathtaking scenery, and it is a comfortable and friendly place to stay.
The room was spotlessly clean, with comfortable bed and fantastic shower. I ate dinner in the evening and chose lamb, which was inedible unfortunately. Perhaps a safer option would have been a pie, I saw those being served and they looked home made. I have mobility difficulties which I did point out when I booked. I was not offered help upstairs with bags, but this was offered when I asked. However, I was not told about the disabled toilet on the ground floor, which is well hidden. It would have been helpful to know while eating dinner. I discovered it at breakfast. The disabled loo had very little loo paper in it, and the hand dryer did not work. Overall, a delightful place, and very quiet for a good nights sleep.
Simple but Effective
We really enjoyed this stay.
Wonderful view from the hotel room. Really unpretentious hotel and well run with friendly staff. Food was excellent after a bracing walk on the moor. We would definitely come back.