- Very Good
- 19 guest reviews
"My wife and I stayed for two nights at the Cow and Calf recently and were bowled over by the location of the hotel. We had an idea that the..."
"Although the reason for our stay was a sad one, we thoroughly enjoyed the comfortable accommodation and food...."
"Lovely hotel with great views over the moors, excellent food and very pleasant staff...."
"Lovely clean hotel with amazing views and minutes by car into Ilkley..."
"The room had everything we needed although the nights we stayed were bitterly cold and the heating did struggle to keep up- nice warm duvet..."
About the hotel
With awe-inspiring views across Wharfedale, this characterful 19th century lodge is easily one of the most idyllic hotels in Ilkley. A stone’s throw from Ben Rhydding Golf Course, and just a short drive from Leeds and Bradford, it’s an ideal bolt-hole for short breaks and weekend getaways. Its classic Victorian structure houses 13 comfy rooms and bags of period charm, making it a lovely place to unwind.
While down in the pub you can continue the relaxation over a well-kept pint of cask ale and a plate of hearty, seasonally inspired food. If the Yorkshire Dales are a paradise for walkers and ramblers, then the spa town of Ilkley is a sanctuary for those who love to browse shops and take afternoon tea. Whichever way you’re inclined, Ilkley Moor (as immortalised in the famous song) and its four-mile prehistory trail are well worth exploring. The area is as rich in heritage as it is in scenery, with unspoilt moors, burial cairns, stone circles and Roman forts scattered across the hills and dales of the Wharfe Valley. You won’t have to go far to find the iconic Cow and Calf rocks, though – this historic treasure is just opposite the lodge.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities , Cots available , Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Telephone In Each Room
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , In-room Broadband , In-room Modem Hook up , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- Restaurant , Bar , Breakfast to go
- In Room Entertainment
- TV , Satellite TV
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
- [Channels] Childrens
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 12:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
100% would recommend it to a friend
High on the moors
My wife and I stayed for two nights at the Cow and Calf recently and were bowled over by the location of the hotel.
We had an idea that the place was going to be nice having stayed at innkeepers lodges before and we not disappointed. The only negative was the location of our room (14) on the top floor which didn't have windows just skylights so no view as such. Comfortable and nicely furnished though.. Staff were very friendly and efficient and the food excellent. Recommended... Skipton Otley and Ripon short drives away.
A Yorkshire Break with a View.
Although the reason for our stay was a sad one, we thoroughly enjoyed the comfortable accommodation and food.