- Very Good
- 36 guest reviews
"We really enjoyed our stay at the Innkeeper's Lodge, Norwich. It is a little walk to the city centre, which we did during the day for shoppi..."
"The staff were very welcoming and friendly I accidentally nocked my drink over and asked for more napkins which came promptly along with a..."
"Overall impression was perfectly fine. Carvery was cracking value for money although breakfast was a bit disappointing. 'Continental' breakf..."
"Great value for money and good location. Ask for a river side room if you can as roadside a little noisy. Overall great staff and nice place..."
"A good base for b & b for Norwich. Had a family room, everything was clean and sofa bed ready on arrival. Great friendly staff and happy to..."
About the hotel
Whether you’re planning to explore historic Norwich or soak up the scenery of the Norfolk Broads, you’d be hard pushed to find a hotel as perfectly placed as this. Nestled in a lovely spot on the banks of the River Yare, opposite Whittingham Country Park, the lodge houses 14 warm and welcoming rooms as well as a Crown Carvery. So you can enjoy the tranquility of the area with your choice of roast, freshly steamed vegetables, roast potatoes and Yorkshire puds.
Norwich has some of the best medieval architecture in Britain with a Norman motte and bailey castle and a fine cathedral dating back to 1096. It’s also home to the Norfolk Broads, the largest protected wetlands in the country. They’re a mecca for sailors, motor-boaters, canoeists and fishing enthusiasts – although walkers, bird watchers and cyclists will find plenty to do without having to get wet. Norwich Aviation Museum is just up the road, too.
Showing Wednesday 25 November 2015 to Thursday 26 November 2015Change Search
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout
- Family friendly
- Cots available
- Car parking available onsite , Car Parking Available Offsite
- Wi-Fi Available , In-room Broadband , In-room Modem Hook up , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- In room entertainment
- TV , Satellite TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Childrens
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Telephone In Each Room
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 12:00 hours
- 24/12/2015 to 25/12/2015 - Check in times are restricted to between Noon and 5pm on Christmas Day. In addition the pub may be closed from mid afternoon on the 25th. Please refer to the individual pub/lodge for exact timings. The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
81% would recommend it to a friend
Don't stay in Room 12
I was allocated Room 12 which I discovered is situated above the extractor fan for the kitchens, The room stank of old cooking oil, strong enough to make you gag, and on asking to be moved, the duty manager tried to fob me off twice before another member of staff stepped in and helped me move to another room.
A continental style buufet breakfast is included in the price but the cups, glasses and bowls were dirty and clean ones had to be requested.
Good customer service and value for money
We really enjoyed our stay at the Innkeeper's Lodge, Norwich.
It is a little walk to the city centre, which we did during the day for shopping, but we got a taxi home after a night out which didn't cost much.
The staff were friendly and helpful. The food in the restaurant was quite good, service was quite slow though as they could do with a few more staff as I waited ages for sausages and bacon at breakfast. Our room was clean, tidy, well-equipped (lacking plug sockets though) and comfortable. It was very warm during the night, but we probably should have turned the radiator down. The view from the restaurant is lovely. Overall, a very nice stay.