"paper hanging loose. Curtains ragged. lamp shade missing. Heater in room illegal...."
"The hotel is close to the station . clean and excellent customer service..."
"Easy to find, room quiet and comfortable, Indian restaurant in hotel an added bonus!..."
"This hotel should be removed from your list. It is filthy dirty, broken glass mirror on the wall, very unsafe. The room was not clean, half..."
About the hotel
Hylands Hotel offers a warm and comfortable base next to Coventry train station, 5 minutes' walk from the city centre. The comfortable lounge bar is open 24 hours a day and offers free wireless internet access. The Hylands Hotel has friendly, professional staff available 24 hours and is only 10 minutes' walk from the Central Bus Station.
There are 4 well-appointed meeting rooms and a dedicated coordinator.
Showing Thursday 26 November 2015 to Friday 27 November 2015Change Search
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , Limited Hours Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Laundry/Valet Service , Wake Up Call Available , Currency Exchange
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Interconnecting rooms available , Pets Allowed
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Business Centre
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar , Breakfast to go
- In room entertainment
- TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Movies (Free) , [Channels] Music , [Channels] Childrens , Radio
- Smoking allowed in public areas
- In room facilities
- Safety Deposit Box , Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Trouser press in each room , Telephone In Each Room
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- 26/04/2007 to 30/12/2016 - Unfortunately, we are unable to provide facilities for disabled guests. We do not have lift facilities to transport guests upto the upper and lower floors. The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
31% would recommend it to a friend
Avoid! Stay somewhere else - anywhere else! Should be removed from listing.
We booked into the Hylands for Tuesday and Wednesday nights, 21-23 July 2015 and paid in advance when we arrived.
We paid only £120 for two for two nights, so weren't expecting the Ritz, but at least somewhere clean and serviceable.
Having stayed in the hotel one night we booked out the next morning, with no promise of a refund. Reasons were:-
1. The room stank of damp, there was mould at several locations in the bathroom. This in spite of very hot weather at the time. 2. The room was filthy eg: the carpet had obviously not been vacuumed for a long time; I pulled a bunch of human hair from the plug in the washbasin. 3. All the furniture was very grubby and stained. 4. Fixtures and fittings were broken or in poor repair - lid missing from sanitary bin in bathroom; tv only receiving three channels due to poor signal; shower fixture in bathroom broken; no Wi-Fi in bedroom (contrary to advertisement). No hot water in the evening. 5. Breakfast was appalling - cold instant coffee; only UHT milk for drink and cereal; given state of bedroom, did not dare try any food from kitchen even though it was paid for. 6. The whole site (especially car parking area at back of hotel) resembled derelict land with fly tipping and scrap vehicles on open display. Very off-putting.
The standard of the hotel bedroom was disgusting.
I asked to be moved from my first room because the bath panel was black with filth and mould as was the ceiling and the curtains were hanging off. My next room was infact worse on deeper inspection but as I had a meeting shortly after being shown this room, I had no time for a full inspection, nor the opportunity to change /re book a hotel at 7pm. There was chewing gum stuck to and around shelf housing the tea making facilities. Clearly this had been there so long it had attracted dirt and was black. The shower unit was hanging off the wall and did not work. The black filth/mould behind the bath mixer taps was repulsive as was the black mould to the bathroom ceiling and wall. The standard of cleanliness in the bedroom was repugnant-thick dust on the bedhead, right hand curtain clogged with cobwebs and spiders, some of the lighting didnt work neither did the tv. Clearly there had been no attempt to clean this room for months for it to be in that state. I complained to the manager the following day and asked for a refund. I had to pay on arrival which is unusual in itself. I was refused and told that someone would ring me later that day. They did not nor after a call from me the following day. It was made clear to me by the manager that they have long term residents to the point that there were microwaves and fridges in some rooms. The microwave I was shown by another fellow guest who was complaining about her room was black inside. To promote the Hylands as a 3 star is misleading to customers. The fee of £35.00 was attractive at the time of booking as was the Honily Boot who offered the same reductions earlier on in the year. That was exemplary in every way when my husband and I stayed there. I therefore had no reason to believe that the Hylands would not be of a similar standard. The manager made it clear that the hotel was due for refurbishment. However, until that happens it should not be trading or promoting itself as a 3 star hotel. It cannot fulfill health and safety regulations in the rooms that I saw and stayed in. I felt unsafe staying there and spent a sleepless night. Even the lock by the door had been chisseled away on the inside. I have photos of my concerns as evidence. As a result how can I trust any future sites for booking hotels if this is allowed to happen. I feel very strongly that such establishments as the Hylands hotel should be very transparant about their facilities before customers book. This was not the case and provided me with a most unpleasant and objectionable stay.