- Very Good
- 58 guest reviews
"The room was fine for a one night stay. Our bed that we thought was a king size was actually 2 single beds pushed together which my partner..."
"The hotel's location is just gorgeous. Right next to the beach and with lovely grounds. Our room was pleasant, modern, clean and most import..."
"Nice location on the beach good for kids but very busy and not much around...."
"Enjoyed our two night stay at The Seamill Hydro. Room was very inviting and comfortable. Food was delicious,had dinner on both evenings in t..."
"We really enjoyed our stay the staff are young and VERY approachable great customer care..."
About the hotel
This Victorian hotel stands only metres from the beach and enjoys dramatic views over the Ayrshire countryside, the Firth of Clyde and the majestic mountains of Arran. It is no surprise that Seamill Hydro is one of the best loved and most popular hotels in Ayrshire, with its mix of Victorian grandeur, modern comforts, personal service and arguably one of the best locations of any hotel in Scotland. The hotel accommodation is flexible and offers something for every budget and our restaurants and bars something for every taste.
As a family owned and operated hotel we are also delighted to welcome families to come and stay with us, with our kids menus, designed by the local school, our great fun kids club and loads of stuff to keep the whole family happy including HydroSpa, spa and leisure facilities. HydroSpa, our leisure complex offers hotel guests and private members a heated indoor pool and air conditioned gym and also features HydroTherapy our exclusive spa, for all the pampering you could desire. Our brand new Orangery Restaurant takes full advantage of it’s location on the Ayrshire coast. Looking over the grounds of Seamill Hydro and on to over 100 square miles of land and sea. The Orangery features an expanse of glass offering unrivalled views across the hotel’s landscaped gardens and out over the Firth of Clyde and the islands of Arran, and, in the distance Ailsa Craig. Although the stunning and unique location of the Orangery restaurant make it the first choice for many, it is the superb quality of food and the exceptional service that will keep you coming back.
Showing Tuesday 2 June 2015 to Wednesday 3 June 2015Change Search
We currently have no rooms available for this hotel that match your search criteria. Try changing your search or select an alternative hotel.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception, 24 Hour Room Service, Limited room service for hot food, Laundry/Valet Service, Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Babysitting services, Cots available, Interconnecting rooms available, Children's Facilities - Indoor, Children's Facilities - Outdoor
- Wedding Licence, Porter, Ground floor bedrooms, Lift to all floors, Public Air Conditioning
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, In-room Broadband, In-room Modem Hook up, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms, Private dining services
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar
- Gymnasium, Indoor Pool, Aerobics Studio, Fitness Centre, Sauna, Steam Rooms, Massage, Beauty Salon/Manicure, Croquet, Bowls, Tennis Courts
- In room entertainment
- TV, Satellite TV, [Channels] News, [Channels] Music, [Channels] Childrens
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Telephone In Each Room
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled Access Bedrooms, Disabled toilets on ground floor, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar, Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms, Wheelchair Access To Leisure Facilities, Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- 11/04/2015 to 30/12/2016 - Due to the development of the stunning new Firth Pavilion, as of August 2015 our tennis court, football pitch and children’s play area will no longer be available. The LateRooms.com rates for Seamill Hydro Hotel & Resort in West Kilbride are the total price of the room and not the 'per person' rate. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
84% would recommend it to a friend
Seamill Hydro Hotel & Resort
The room was fine for a one night stay.
Our bed that we thought was a king size was actually 2 single beds pushed together which my partner noticed several times during the night. Our room was clean and adequate for our stay but there were a few niggling things that could have been improved. Our duvet cover was burst at the seams and the dressing table looked dirty but actually when you looked closely it was marked/scratched rather than dirty. The room was rather warm even when the radiator was turned off so I advise anyone to open the windows and keep them open over night. Despite the above, we had a relaxing stay. Breakfast was great and the Aura bar do good cocktails!
Would go back but ......
The hotel's location is just gorgeous.
Right next to the beach and with lovely grounds. Our room was pleasant, modern, clean and most importantly comfortable. My only wee niggle would be that the bed was a bit too small, yes it was a double and did the job, but like a bit more luxury/space when away from home!. Decided to eat in and chose the Aura restaurant as the menu looked good. Mistake, as did not enjoy the food at all. Sent back my chicken tempura as it was tough and the batter heavy - definitely not Tempura. Pizzas were horrible, far too much tomato base, too tangy which took away from the topping. Had to scrape it off both and reapply the toppings. Not too our taste but others may like hence the reason we did not make an issue.
The swimming pool/leisure area was nice if a bit exposed. It is surrounded by windows so anyone in the leisure area can look in. Very busy with kids, but suppose that was only to be expected as Easter hols, however, not conducive if trying to relax in the turbo pool or loungers. Swimming lessons on for the kids and the instructor had the most shrill voice, again, not conducive to relaxation. Would have been perfect if the spa and pool area were separate.
In saying all that I would go back - maybe out with school holidays - and wouldn't eat in the hotel.