- Very Good
- 2 guest reviews
"We had a very nice time in this hotel. The room was a good size with great views of the sea but could do with being updated. The hotel had m..."
"I would have no problem in recommending the Clonea Strand Hotel, to anybody looking for a relaxing break away, with the hotel facility's, an..."
About the hotel
The Great National Clonea Strand Hotel is located in Dungarvan in County Waterford. This delightful 3 star hotel has been run by the McGrath Family since 1982 and offers you fantastic accommodation and welcoming hospitality. Clonea Strand Hotel overlooks a beautiful blue flag beach, making it a paradise for water enthusiasts.
Situated close by is the 18 hole Gold Coast Golf Course, which enjoys breathtaking views of the Atlantic Ocean, Dungarvan Bay and Comeragh Mountains. The Great National Clonea Strand Hotel has the added facility of an indoor leisure centre with a heated swimming pool, sauna, Jacuzzi, Turkish bath, gym, 10 pin bowling alley and a children’s soft play area. Clonea Strand Hotel is an excellent base from which to explore Dungarvan and the surrounding area. Please note, Gas and Electricity are metered and billed as per consumption for all Self Catering Properties. From time to time for operational and other reasons, especially in Low and Shoulder Season your reservation may be re allocated to another property within our Resort. In most case and where possible advance notice will be given. One For All Vouchers cannot be redeemed on this reservation
Showing Wednesday 1 April 2015 to Thursday 2 April 2015Change Search
We currently have no rooms available for this hotel that match your search criteria. Try changing your search or select an alternative hotel.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception, 24 Hour Room Service, Limited room service for hot food, Laundry/Valet Service, Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Babysitting services, Cots available, Children's Facilities - Indoor
- Wedding Licence, Doctor on call, Porter, Lift to all floors
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Secretary Service
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar
- Gymnasium, Indoor Pool, Golf 18 Hole, Fitness Centre, Sauna, Steam Rooms, Jacuzzi
- In room entertainment
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Telephone In Each Room
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 12:00 hours
- The LateRooms.com rates for Clonea Strand in Waterford are the total price of the room and not the 'per person' rate. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
100% would recommend it to a friend
Wonderful location but rooms are dated.
We had a very nice time in this hotel.
The room was a good size with great views of the sea but could do with being updated. The hotel had many activity's for both young and old with kiddie play area's and 10 pin bowling in the hotel, along with a pool and leisure center. The food in the bar was very good but the restaurant could have been better. The staff were very friendly and always happy to help. The bar was lovely buy had no entertainment on a Saturday night so had to go to nearby Dungarvan for this, which was only €10 by taxi.
A family holiday to remember
I would have no problem in recommending the Clonea Strand Hotel, to anybody looking for a relaxing break away, with the hotel facility's, and the beach on your door step you really could not ask for more.
The staff were very pleasant and courteous, and the Management were very helpful .