- Very Good
- 7 guest reviews
"The staff were great. Happy for us to have the dog in the bar for evening meal and breakfast. Food excellent. Room nice and large...."
"Lovely nights stay on route to Edinbrugh, food was excellent..."
"The Kings Arms was lovely. Customer service there is EXCELLENT - a real country-pub feel. Staff were ever-so-friendly and helpful. My double..."
"Great location to explore the northern lakes. The rooms are extremely clean and spacious and the staff are very friendly. The full English b..."
"Excellent place to stay. No complaints at all. We will be back..."
About the hotel
Newly refurbished country inn, situated in Temple Sowerby, originally know as "The Queen of Westmorland Villages". 7 miles from Penrith and the M6 just off the A66. Perfect mid-way stop off.
Nine refurbished en-suite bedrooms with TV and wi fi connections. Oak panelled dining room. Residents lounge. Traditional village bar An excellent base for touring or walking and can offer fishing on our own stretch of the river Eden. Pet friendly. Pets are welcome in all areas except the restaurant.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Pets Allowed
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite , Car Parking Available Offsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Bar
- In room entertainment
- TV , Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 12:00 hours
- Until 10:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
86% would recommend it to a friend
A night away with my son
The room was very basic, but good enough for my son (3 years old) and I.
There was a lot of dust everywhere, and the bathroom in the hotel room was much to be desired. It was filthy. We ate in the restaurant, and it was basically a pub trying to be 'cordon bleu'. That is me being genuine. Everything tasted like it was just chucked in the oven, straight from the freezer. It is a shame, because this externally beautiful hotel is situated in a beautiful village.
The staff were great.
Happy for us to have the dog in the bar for evening meal and breakfast. Food excellent. Room nice and large.