- Very Good
- 42 guest reviews
"Everyone was so helpful and friendly..."
"We booked this hotel staff the very last minute and it did the job. The room was fine with a good bathroom and was clean. We ordered room se..."
"We booked this hotel as we were attending a concert at the liberty stadium. Its a great location and took us about 20 -25 minutes to walk to..."
"staff very friendly, helpful and professional.the hotel is well placed for anybody travelling to swansea, it is alongside train station and..."
"Nice break away...."
About the hotel
The Grand Hotel, Swansea has been a landmark hotel since the 1930’s, largely due to its ideal location and unique design. In 2004 the hotel was subject to a complete refurbishment, and re-opened as one of Swansea leading independent hotels, offering 3* plus service and facilities. Our Facilities are complimented by a private residents lounge and private Breakfast service restaurant.
The hotel is located in the heart of Swansea, opposite the railway station. It allows easy access to a number of attractions, such as the Dylan Thomas Centre, National Waterfront Museum, Mumbles, and the Gower Peninsula. The hotel offers 31 rooms, all with digital TV, power showers and air conditioning as standard. Our 4 executive rooms, and 2 Penthouses offer a range of Super King and Queen beds, private balconies and Jacuzzi baths, with the Penthouses boasting South Wales only roof top hot tubs. Free WiFi is available throughout the hotel. Our Hotel offers informal dining service in our ground floor Bistro Bar. Our newly refurbished sports bar contains local and international sporting memorabilia, we also offer full and extensive live coverage of all sporting events. We stock an extensive range of international spirits and local brews. The hotel is located in the heart of Swansea, opposite the railway station. It allows easy access to a number of attractions, such as the Dylan Thomas Centre, National Waterfront Museum, Mumbles, and the Gower Peninsula. Please note that when paying cash a further deposit is payable at time of check in and photo ID will also be required. Please note that upon check-in the hotel will require a pre-authorization via card for the total price of the reservation plus GBP 60 per night for large rooms with balconies, the superior suite or the penthouse suite. In the event a credit card is not valid, a cash deposit and ID is required or they will not be able to process the booking. Check in for the Penthouse and Superior Suite is from 4:00PM. Children are not permitted on the executive floor due to balcony and mini bar access. Bookings of 5 rooms or more may have different cancellation/prepayment policy. The property will contact you directly to confirm.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout
- In room facilities
- Air conditioning in rooms , Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Iron And Board In Each Room , Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , Limited room service for hot food , Laundry/Valet Service , Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Private dining services
- In room entertainment
- TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Sky Sports , [Channels] Movies (Free) , [Channels] Music
- Lift to all floors , Public Air Conditioning
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car Parking Available Offsite
- Bar , Breakfast to go
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- 07/10/2014 to 31/12/2025 - Check in time for Penthouse & Superior Suite is from 4pm. Children not permitted on executive floor due to balcony & mini bar access. Please note the hotel is undergoing Exterior refurbishment. The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
76% would recommend it to a friend
Great friendly service
Everyone was so helpful and friendly
Event enough and good location
We booked this hotel staff the very last minute and it did the job.
The room was fine with a good bathroom and was clean. We ordered room service for dinner and we were disappointed with that as the portions were small and the food wasn't hugely tasty. The lift was out of order so we had to walk up the stairs but apart from that things were fine and the staff were friendly.