- Very Good
- 5 guest reviews
"On arrival had wonderful greeting from manager, nothing too much trouble, very friendly. Went for a bar meal, service quite poor, asked for..."
"All I can say is it was amazing! The perfect pre-baby break we needed!..."
"This hotel is superb, & the staff excellent nothing was to much trouble.The first roOm we were allocated had a perststent drone & we were un..."
"Stayed at donnington for two nights for my girlfriends 22nd, the hotel was absolutely amazing, very posh but not so posh that you feel out o..."
"Fantastic hotel with amazing spa facilities. Great room and great food. Very good customer service and the staff were very friendly and ver..."
About the hotel
A country retreat situated in the very heart of the Berkshire countryside just outside Newbury, one hour from central London and 45 minutes from Heathrow airport. A hotel that likes to think of itself as 4 star plus, as it goes beyond the expectations of a traditional 4 star hotel to the surprise and delight of guests. The stunning grounds and parkland golf course that surround the hotel provide the perfect setting for a spa or golf break.
All of the air-conditioned bedrooms and suites have been elegantly designed to include Egyptian cotton duvets, marble bathrooms, Wi-Fi internet access, laptop-sized safes and complimentary bottled water. The executive rooms and suites also have a mini fridge with fresh milk. All offer uncompromising quality with peaceful views over golfing fairways and rolling Berkshire countryside. The award winning restaurant, The WinePress is intimate, yet with an informal atmosphere it brings together fine food and wine in a relaxed and contemporary dinning room. Fresh local ingredients are paired with wines from a cellar with over 300 bins and 30 of these by the glass! Careful attention has been made to the lighting and music in the restaurant to ensure that it reflects the time and mood of the evening. The Donnington Valley Health Club and Spa is one of the top rated spas in the country with luxurious facilities including an 18m swimming pool, sauna, steam and aromatherapy rooms plus a state of the art gym and dance studio. The 7 treatment rooms pamper to every spa lover's needs with relaxation areas and a menu of therapies with something for all. The hotel is also perfectly equipped for meetings, away days and training seminars as well as conferences; ideal if you are looking for something extra special that will leave a lasting impression on your clients, the Health club and swimming pool are only available from 3pm day or arrival and 11am day of check out. The Golf Course was re-designed and lengthened in 2000. It is set in beautiful rolling countryside, and is now a challenging 6353 yards, 18 hole, par 71 from the back tees. Although some of the holes are quite forgiving the closing four holes are regarded as one of the toughest finishes in the country, with water featuring prominently on 15th, 16th and 17th holes.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities , Air conditioning in rooms , 24 Hour Reception , Cots available , Wedding Licence , Safety Deposit Box , Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Trouser press in each room , Iron And Board In Each Room , Minibar in each room , Telephone In Each Room , 24 Hour Room Service , Concierge , Laundry/Valet Service , Wake Up Call Available , Interconnecting rooms available , Childrens Facilities - Indoor , Childrens Facilities - Outdoor , Doctor on call , Porter , Ground floor bedrooms , Lift to all floors , Public Air Conditioning
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Business Centre , Secretary Service , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar , Breakfast to go
- Gymnasium , Indoor Pool , Golf 9 Hole , Golf 18 Hole , Aerobics Studio , Fitness Centre , Sauna , Steam Rooms , Massage , Beauty Salon/Manicure , Solarium , Jacuzzi , Pitch n' Putt , Video/DVD Library
- In Room Entertainment
- Video/DVD Player , TV , Satellite TV
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms , Wheelchair Access To Leisure Facilities , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
100% would recommend it to a friend
On arrival had wonderful greeting from manager, nothing too much trouble, very friendly.
Went for a bar meal, service quite poor, asked for separate plate as my food arrived on a board that was too small, girl who delivered food said I'd have to wait as she had customers at bar, fine I waited, no plate arrived, when I looked to bar she was just stood there, I went and found a plate from room next door. Sounds petty but this is a four star hotel. Room was mostly clean but bathroom not so clean, God clean needed around sink area.
All I can say is it was amazing.
The perfect pre-baby break we needed!