- Very Good
- 12 guest reviews
"The Howbeck staff were cheerful and welcoming, always helpful. Bedroom and bathroom were excellent. Wide bed, good mattress, powerful shower..."
"Staff were very friendly, and everywhere was clean. We booked this as our honeymoon break, and we loved the privacy of The Retreat. We had..."
"we went away for our first wedding anniversary the room was exactly as the pictures showed we recieved a warm welcome and a cup of tea. we w..."
"A bit disappointed that there was no need for the free upgrade we were promised, but at least it meant we didn't need to change rooms. The r..."
"This hotel was booked on the facilities that were listed, in particular that it had Gymnasium, Indoor Pool, Fitness Centre, Sauna, Steam Roo..."
About the hotel
Set in the magnificent Lake District and just a short walk from Lake Windermere, the Howbeck bed and breakfast is offering you comfort and luxury. All our rooms are beautifully decorated and have a modern, original bathroom and, of course, free Wi-Fi. The Howbeck is only minutes walk from the main village shops, good restaurants & a 15 minute stroll from Bowness on Windermere and Lake Windermere, we are also a hop, skip & jump from the many scenic trails the area is known for.
Our aim is to give you the best break/holiday, so If you are coming away for a special anniversary or occasion we would love to hear about it so we can help make your stay even more special, we have superior en suite rooms, luxury spa rooms and suites, free parking & free spa and leisure are also available near by.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout
- Family friendly
- Cots available
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- Gymnasium , Indoor Pool , Fitness Centre , Sauna , Steam Rooms , Massage , Beauty Salon/Manicure , Solarium , Jacuzzi
- In room entertainment
- Video/DVD Player , TV , Satellite TV , Video/DVD Library , CD Player , [Channels] News , [Channels] Music , [Channels] Childrens
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room
- Porter , Ground floor bedrooms
- Bar , Breakfast to go
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:30 hours
- Until 10:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
83% would recommend it to a friend
The Howbeck staff were cheerful and welcoming, always helpful.
Bedroom and bathroom were excellent. Wide bed, good mattress, powerful shower in the bathroom, these things are important. Hearty breakfasts, all in all a good experience. However, we thought it expensive even for a top quality b&b, would have been better value if half board (with dinner) at the same price. Despite our pleasurable stay, we would look around next time.
Nice, friendly place!
Staff were very friendly, and everywhere was clean.
We booked this as our honeymoon break, and we loved the privacy of The Retreat.
We had just come from our wedding venue where had stayed the night before and the first impressions of our room, felt like there was something 'missing'. The mattress was too soft for my liking, but all in all we had a wonderful stay.
Loved the TV in the bathroom and the jacuzzi bath.
Price was a lot, but I guess its the area!