- 19 guest reviews
"Great location if traveling and need a stop off. The food is a fantastic...."
"Very accommodating with late arrival, we rang through our dinner order and it was ready just after we got there at 9pm. Delicious dinner, Fi..."
"Excellent stay service room beer food..."
"From the minute we arrived at The Crown Inn you were made to feel very welcome. The staff were excellent. We were in the French Partridge ro..."
"Excellent short stay. Will return..."
About the hotel
Described as one of the prettiest villages in England The Crown Inn at Roecliffe is nestled on the village green. An historic 16th Century Coaching Inn with roaring log fires, stone flagged floors, age old beams and low ceilings. Surrounded by wonderful countryside with many walks and the river Ure running through the village.
Fountains Abbey & gardens, Newby Hall and Beningbrough Hall, beautiful National Trust properties are all very close, as is the city of York and Harrogate. The Crown Inn retains lots of its original features and a full refurbishment last year has brought it back to its former glory. Our bedrooms are all individually designed by the owners using Farrow & Ball paints and papers. Solid mahogany sleigh beds and free standing baths on oak floors, make the rooms very comfortable indeed. We have an award winning kitchen with a team of accomplished chefs, winning National Pub Chef of the year for the second time, this year. Sourcing and cooking local produce we have a mouthwatering menu including, Fresh Whitby Crab soup, Fresh Shetland mussels, King Prawn tempura as well as Dales reared lamb, local crisp belly pork and our famous fish Pie to name but a few. We smoke all our own Salmon, make our own Goats Cheese, roll our own Blackpudding and prepare everything fresh in our own kitchens, every day. The Crown is a truly wonderful coaching inn that prides itself on offering a high standard of service in a warm relaxed atmosphere.
Showing Thursday 26 November 2015 to Friday 27 November 2015Change Search
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout
- Family friendly
- Babysitting services , Cots available , Pets Allowed
- Car parking available onsite , Car Parking Available Offsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , In-room Broadband , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Bar
- In room entertainment
- Video/DVD Player , TV , Video/DVD Library , CD Player , CD Library , Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Iron And Board In Each Room
- Hotel services
- Limited Hours Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Laundry/Valet Service , Wake Up Call Available
- Doctor on call , Porter
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
- Fishing , Clay Pigeon Shooting
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 10:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
100% would recommend it to a friend
Great place to stay and eat.
Great location if traveling and need a stop off.
The food is a fantastic.
Very accommodating with late arrival, we rang through our dinner order and it was ready just after we got there at 9pm.
Delicious dinner, Fish and chips were ''best ever" for my daughter. Great breakfast, comfortable room and clean. Perfect for a special one night stay and for a couple, worked well with one child in Z bed, probably for 8 plus. They will love the room key and teddy on the bed.