- 37 guest reviews
"Excellent stay service room beer food..."
"From the minute we arrived at The Crown Inn you were made to feel very welcome. The staff were excellent. We were in the French Partridge ro..."
"Excellent short stay. Will return..."
"This was our second stay at The Crown to celebrate a birthday! The decanter of port in the room is a really nice touch. The food was fabulou..."
"Excellent food, excellent room, excellent service. We will definitely be staying again...."
About the hotel
Described as one of the prettiest villages in England The Crown Inn at Roecliffe is nestled on the village green. An historic 16th Century Coaching Inn with roaring log fires, stone flagged floors, age old beams and low ceilings. Surrounded by wonderful countryside with many walks and the river Ure running through the village.
Fountains Abbey & gardens, Newby Hall and Beningbrough Hall, beautiful National Trust properties are all very close, as is the city of York and Harrogate. The Crown Inn retains lots of its original features and a full refurbishment last year has brought it back to its former glory. Our bedrooms are all individually designed by the owners using Farrow & Ball paints and papers. Solid mahogany sleigh beds and free standing baths on oak floors, make the rooms very comfortable indeed. We have an award winning kitchen with a team of accomplished chefs, winning National Pub Chef of the year for the second time, this year. Sourcing and cooking local produce we have a mouthwatering menu including, Fresh Whitby Crab soup, Fresh Shetland mussels, King Prawn tempura as well as Dales reared lamb, local crisp belly pork and our famous fish Pie to name but a few. We smoke all our own Salmon, make our own Goats Cheese, roll our own Blackpudding and prepare everything fresh in our own kitchens, every day. The Crown is a truly wonderful coaching inn that prides itself on offering a high standard of service in a warm relaxed atmosphere.
Showing Thursday 2 April 2015 to Friday 3 April 2015Change Search
We currently have no rooms available for this hotel that match your search criteria. Try changing your search or select an alternative hotel.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout
- Family friendly
- Babysitting services, Cots available, Pets Allowed
- Car parking available onsite, Car Parking Available Offsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, In-room Broadband, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms, Private dining services
- Restaurant, Bar
- In room entertainment
- Video/DVD Player, TV, Video/DVD Library, CD Player, CD Library, Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Iron And Board In Each Room
- Hotel services
- Limited Hours Room Service, Limited room service for hot food, Laundry/Valet Service, Wake Up Call Available
- Doctor on call, Porter
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar, Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
- Fishing, Clay Pigeon Shooting
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 10:00 hours
- The LateRooms.com rates for The Crown Inn in York are the total price of the room and not the 'per person' rate. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
100% would recommend it to a friend
Excellent stay service room beer food
Excellent All Round
From the minute we arrived at The Crown Inn you were made to feel very welcome.
The staff were excellent. We were in the French Partridge room which was lovely. Very comfortable bed and cleaned thoroughly. We dined in the restaurant and the food was brilliant. The bar area is very small, and not much room to sit and have a drink afterwards really, but as there are only four rooms here, there wouldn't be many people hanging around at the end of the night anyway I suppose. This is defiantly an eating place rather than a drinking place. Would highly recommend a stay here.