- 6 guest reviews
"We fancied a overnight break and were lucky to come across the Gallivant. Very friendly staff, great food...."
"I love this hotel. It is modern, yet rustic, without pretention. The staff are wonderful. The room, though small, was spotless and the linen..."
"Close to the beach, outstanding cuisine; very nice room ...with a view onto your car...."
"I booked this last minute break for myself and my daughter, as the weather forecast was great and ,being local, we knew that the hotel was v..."
"great break, clean smart rooms, beautiful food...."
About the hotel
Welcome to our restaurant with rooms across the road from the dunes and the beautiful sandy beach beyond. Inspired by the coastal motels you might find in California, we're a bit shabby chic, but above all relaxed and welcoming. Almost all of our food is sourced within 15 miles of us, most of it only hours old.
Our beds are the most comfortable we could find (we tried a lot). Our beach is extraordinary. Our kitchen is run by Daniel Perjesi (The Capital, Club Gascon, The Hambrough). His food philosophy is simple, to only cook with local ingredients that are hours fresh, 95% of which either live or grow within 15 miles from us. His menus are delicious, honest and unfussy, always seasonal, handmade from scratch and cooked with a belief that less is more when using the best possible ingredients from local suppliers. All our fish is caught within 48 hours of you eating it, often a lot less. We have 20 calm and relaxing bedrooms, simply furnished in coastal colours with gorgeous Hypnos King or Super King beds, goose/duck down pillows and duvets and the very best 300 count linen sheets. All prices include a lovely continental style breakfast and house tea and cakes at 4pm. In 2014 the restaurant was included in Square Meals 'Top 100 UK Restaurants' and The Sunday Times 'Top 100 UK Hotels - hotels for food'.
Showing Sunday 24 May 2015 to Monday 25 May 2015Change Search
We currently have no rooms available for this hotel that match your search criteria. Try changing your search or select an alternative hotel.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities
- Family friendly
- Cots available
- Wedding Licence, Porter, Ground floor bedrooms
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar, Breakfast to go
- In room entertainment
- Video/DVD Player, TV, Satellite TV, Video/DVD Library, [Channels] News, [Channels] Music, [Channels] Childrens
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Room Service, Limited room service for hot food, Wake Up Call Available
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled Access Bedrooms, Disabled toilets on ground floor, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar, Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms, Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The LateRooms.com rates for The Gallivant in Camber are the total price of the room and not the 'per person' rate. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
100% would recommend it to a friend
A quick get away
We fancied a overnight break and were lucky to come across the Gallivant.
Very friendly staff, great food.
A beach retreat to remember
I love this hotel.
It is modern, yet rustic, without pretention. The staff are wonderful. The room, though small, was spotless and the linens all top end. The food is good, including homemade breads and jams for breakfast and locally sourced fish, lamb and vegetables for dinner. And being just a quick hop over the dunes to the beach, the location is great. I would definitely stay again.