- 1 guest reviews
"The hotel was very nice, the staff and the customer service were excellent, couldn't really ask for much more. It was very easy to get to th..."
About the hotel
Stay at the peaceful Holiday Inn Munich-South hotel for quick and convenient U-Bahn subway links to the city centre. Artwork of Bavarian monuments adorns the stylish lobby at Holiday Inn Munich-South, where you'll receive a warm welcome from our friendly staff. After a sound sleep in your spacious guest room, the day starts with sparkling wine and continental specialties from our extensive breakfast buffet.
Relax in our serene courtyard, which has a fish pond and Japanese trees. Our 11 wireless Internet-connected meeting rooms will suit your conferences for up to 180 delegates. Attend meetings at Tech Data 400m away, Carl Zeiss 400 metres away and McDonald's offices, 800 metres away. We're 43km from your flight at Munich Franz Josef Strauss Airport, which is 38 minutes by S-Bahn S8 train to central Marienplatz square. Machtlfinger Strasse subway station is only 500 metres from us, for a 12-minute U-Bahn ride to Marienplatz's Gothic Rathaus and Frauenkirche church. We'll ease your family's visit as children under 12 eat and stay for free at Holiday Inn Munich-South. Arrive in autumn when Munich's beer tents fill with Weissbier kegs and folk music during Oktoberfest. In the lobby bar,our bartender will chat to you as he mixes cocktails and takes your bar snack orders. Detox in the Turkish steam room after your dip in the pool or fitness center workout at Holiday Inn Munich-South.
- Disabled Facilities , Safety Deposit Box , Currency Exchange , Pets Allowed
- Car parking available onsite
- Indoor Pool , Golf 18 Hole , Beauty Salon/Manicure , Tennis Courts
- Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 13:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
0% would recommend it to a friend
Good but with minor comments
The hotel was very nice, the staff and the customer service were excellent, couldn't really ask for much more.
It was very easy to get to the centre of Munich as, as the underground is just round the corner for the hotel with trains running frequently all day
For me there are a few of minor points which just took the edge of my stay there, particularly when I have stayed a similar priced hotels:
1) Internet / WiFi connection is an extra. I would have expected WiFi connection to be included and not as an extra. The high quality/high speed access I purchased wasn't that high speed or high quality - I was using a smartphone and tablet and I was constantly having problems establishing a connection and logging on, their WiFi system doesn't seem to be particularly geared up for smartphones or tablets, I had better and quicker connections in some of the coffee shops in Munich. 2) House keeping. The hotel was very clean and tidy but housekeeping within the room was inconsistent. There is a standard "Holiday Inn Munich South" way the room is made up and some days it felt like they hadn't finished the job. Not really an issue that had any impact on my stay but an inconsistency which I wouldn't have expected for a hotel in the price range.
3) The food was very good, particularly the range and quality of the food at breakfast and at 20 Euro's is no doubt very good value for money. I have Type 1 diabetes and I would normally only eat UK equivalent of a small "Continental" breakfast and I wasn't prepared to 20 Euros for that. I wish they would have the option of the UK equivalent of a "Continental/ Full breakfast"
The Holiday Inn - Munich South is a very nice hotel, the staff and the service are very good and it is convenient if you don't want to stay in the City Centre but still want easy access to the centre. Overall I had a great time in Munich and these minor points and a few others didn't have an impact on my stay but for a hotel in this price range I would have expected better. When I go back to Munich would I stay there again. I would probably stay in another hotel in this p]rice range
Dear S Sexton,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. It’s nice to know that you regarded our hotel staff service to be highly commendable. However, it is regrettable that our internet services and housekeeping prevented you from fully enjoying your stay. As a valued guest, please be assured that all feedback will be acted upon as we rely on you, our guest, to tell us how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs.
We look forward to welcoming you back to our establishment. Once again thank you for the wonderful comments and kind words of praise for our staff.