- 45 guest reviews
"The Hall is set in beautiful grounds and is very elegant. The accommodation in the main building has been brilliantly and tastefully restore..."
"Lovely accommodation with all we needed. Helpful and friendly staff...."
"Excellent accommodation in a very quiet location. Be aware that gym and pool cost extra as does wifi...."
"A country gem. Very spacious luxurious accommodation. Super atmospheric hall with roaring fire...."
About the hotel
Thurnham Hall is a 12th century country house that stands proudly in a stunning estate of nearly 30 acres in the area of Lancaster. Boasting an elegant Jacobean Great Hall, the resort combines the very best of old and new. All accommodation, whether in the main house which retains a more traditional flavour, or in the courtyard buildings with their modern finishes, are all furnished to exquisitely high standards.
Thurnham Hall’s leisure center has a large swimming pool and extensive state of the art exercise equipment, while the restaurant serves both fine and casual dining. The restaurant opens for dinner from 12 noon. Please note that requests for wheelchair accessible accommodation must be confirmed by the resort. Parking is limited to 1 space per reservation. No heavy goods vehicles are permitted access to the car park at any time. The resort will require a valid credit/debit card to charge a refundable security deposit of £100 per apartment. Please be reminded that guests who are unable to provide the deposit will not gain entry to the apartment. Please be advised that only hotel guests are permitted within the premises, and use of the hotel facilities. Please note that there are additional fees associated with the use of our leisure centre and resort facilities, if you would like further information please contact the resort reception team. The leisure centre including pool, sauna, spa/sunbed & gym will be closed 5 to 18 October 2015 inclusive in order to carry out essential maintenance. We regret any inconvenience this may cause. Refurbishment works will be carried out to the Mansion house water supply from 26 October to 2 December 2015. We apologise for any noise and disruption as construction materials will be visible during this time.
Showing Friday 28 August 2015 to Saturday 29 August 2015Change Search
We currently have no rooms available for this hotel that match your search criteria. Try changing your search or select an alternative hotel.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception, Concierge
- Family friendly
- Cots available, Children's Facilities - Outdoor
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- Gymnasium, Indoor Pool, Sauna, Massage, Beauty Salon/Manicure, Jacuzzi, Fishing
- In room entertainment
- Video/DVD Player, TV
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Iron And Board In Each Room
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 16:00 hours
- Until 10:00 hours
- 05/10/2015 to 18/10/2015 - The leisure centre including pool, sauna, spa/sunbed & gym will be closed 5 to 18 October 2015 inclusive in order to carry out essential maintenance. We regret any inconvenience this may cause. The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
96% would recommend it to a friend
The Hall is set in beautiful grounds and is very elegant.
The accommodation in the main building has been brilliantly and tastefully restored with quality fittings and furnishings to give a superb experience. The buildings were matched by really genuine pleasant and helpful staff who could not have been more helpful or knowledgeable. Food was very good and well presented. What was most surprising was what good value for money the stay was. Congratulations. I will be back.