- Very Good
- 70 guest reviews
"The room was a little dated with the decor and bed sheets didn't match the duvet. An the room was cold but a small heater was provided. I do..."
"This stay was excellent in every way delightful...."
"We both found Willersley Castle a lovely building, the staff were very friendly and helpful we enjoyed the swimming pool and the food was lo..."
"Great place and fantastic value. The fact that I turned up having booked the room for the following week didn't phase them at all, a room wa..."
"We booked the lower price room and then decided to upgrade as we wanted to stay in the castle - they upgraded us for no extra cost which was..."
About the hotel
Willersley Castle is a 200 year old Grade II listed building, part of the Christian Guild Group of Hotels, commissioned by the great industrialist Sir Richard Arkwright. It occupies a magnificent position on the edge of the Peak District, overlooking the River Derwent. Designed in the Georgian style, Willersley Castle stands in 60 acres of grounds ranging from meadows to limestone crags, on the outskirts of Cromford, just south of the spa town of Matlock Bath.
It makes an ideal base for exploring the beautiful Derbyshire Dales and the Peak District National Park. With its dramatic gritstone edges and vibrant limestone valleys, Derbyshire is a walkers’ and climbers’ paradise, full of geological gems like the show-caverns at Castleton and the imposing cliffs of Matlock Bath. The area is steeped in history, from the grandeur of Chatsworth House to the elegance of the spa town of Buxton and the rich industrial heritage of Wirksworth, Cromford, and the Derwent Valley Mills World Heritage Site. We have a comprehensive wine, beer and spirit list but do not have a bar as such. Dinner is available on request and is served at 6. 30pm. A fabulous Breakfast is served between 8am to 9am. Televisions are not within the bedrooms however a comfortable TV lounge is available. A payment made by Credit Card will be subject to a 1. 5% charge.
Showing Tuesday 6 October 2015 to Wednesday 7 October 2015Change Search
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities
- Family friendly
- Cots available
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu
- Indoor Pool , Pitch n' Putt , Table Tennis , Fishing
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room
- Lift to all floors
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms , Wheelchair Access To Leisure Facilities , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
- In room entertainment
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 10:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
87% would recommend it to a friend
The room was a little dated with the decor and bed sheets didn't match the duvet.
An the room was cold but a small heater was provided. I do advise that if you ask for a back gate key take a tourch as you walk through the woods and there is no lighting. The pool was very nice although could be a bit of a treack for older people.
budget quality went for a rest, didn't get one