- 3 guest reviews
"We stayed at Poplar House for one night when visiting the races. The accommodation is perfectly located for both the racecourse and the city..."
"Highly recommended. We shall certainly return on our visit to York...."
"Really good location with easy 10 minute walk to the city walls. We chose to book an apartment as we wanted some flexibility and this was a..."
About the hotel
Exclusive, Independent, High-quality, and Fully Self-contained 4 STAR Serviced Apartment's. Close-by the city-wall's and just a short 10/15 minute walk to York city-centre, Poplar House Apartments are situated in an inner-city conservation area with private parking. Each of the individual, self-contained and private first floor apartments have been immaculately and tastefully furnished.
Each apartment consists of a large and airy double or family-configured bedroom (with garden views and a king-double or multi single-bed options), that are suitable for 2 adults and 2 free-stay children to 16 years (Note: free Cot's available), or 3 (2 + 1) adults, a full-sized bathroom with individual shower, a large reception-hall, a fully equipped multi white-goods kitchen, and a large and comfortable integrated lounge and dining area with fireplaces.
- Family friendly
- Cots available
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite , Car Parking Available Offsite
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Iron And Board In Each Room
- Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- 10/11/2012 to 31/12/2021 - ** All guests receive a Poplar House 'WELCOME PACK' of 6 Eggs, 1 Pint of Milk, Bread, Butter, Jam's, Tea, Coffee, and Bottles Spring/Mineral Water ** NOTE: No American Express services available. The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
100% would recommend it to a friend
We stayed at Poplar House for one night when visiting the races.
The accommodation is perfectly located for both the racecourse and the city centre, being just a 10 minute walk in either direction. The accommodation itself was great, a real home from home and we could have easily stayed for much longer. The apartment had everything you could think of and was spotlessly clean. There was even some muffins, eggs, milk, coffee etc left out for us which was a really nice touch. Shaun the owner, was very friendly, he responded to a query very quickly by email and allowed us to leave our car on the drive when we went shopping in the city after checkout. All in all a perfect stay, great facilities, quiet and much better value for money than the hotels chains I previously looked at!
A very friendly and comfortable apartment with really attentive hosts who made us very welcome.
We shall certainly return on our visit to York.