- Very Good
- 17 guest reviews
"Fantastic hotel. Warm welcome, lovely room and excellent food...."
"very nice hotel every thing was great food room cleanliness staff very helpfull..."
"Beautiful Hotel I would definitely recommend it and stay again..."
"A tastefully furnished hotel. Ate in bar - meal was very good...."
"although we only had a one night stay it was lovely and a great place to recharge our batteries. The Trout was clean and modern and staf ver..."
About the hotel
The award winning Trout Hotel is based on the banks of the river Derwent in the gem town of Cockermouth and sits adjacent to the childhood home of poet laureate William Wordsworth. It is ideally located for the Western Lakes as well as Cumbria’s Energy Coast. Although this four star venue has developed since its opening in the 1930’s it combines contemporary luxury whilst retaining period charm.
Rooms at the Trout feature satellite flat-screen TVs with Sky Sports and free Wi-Fi. Bathrooms include White Company toiletries, and some rooms have river and garden views. The elegant Derwent Restaurant serves fine English cuisine from an extensive à la carte menu. The modern Terrace Bar & Bistro has a varied menu and an heated outdoor seating area for Alfresco dining. In recent years The Trout Hotel has been the recipient of many regional and national awards including Cumbria Tourism best large hotel of the year 2011, Cumbria Tourism best large hotel of the year finalist 2007/2013 and bronze winner and finalist at the visit England awards for excellence 2012. In 2013 the hotel’s managing director received a CNN group judge’s award for special achievement. Trip Advisor has awarded the hotel for excellence 2012 & 2013. . Important information To avoid disappointment, guests are advised that pre-booking tables in the Derwent restaurant is essential.
Showing Saturday 25 April 2015 to Sunday 26 April 2015Change Search
We currently have no rooms available for this hotel that match your search criteria. Try changing your search or select an alternative hotel.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception, 24 Hour Room Service, Laundry/Valet Service, Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available, Interconnecting rooms available, Pets Allowed
- Wedding Licence, Porter, Ground floor bedrooms, Public Air Conditioning
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Iron And Board In Each Room, Telephone In Each Room
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- 11/11/2011 to 30/11/2020 - Important information To avoid disappointment, guests are advised that pre-booking tables in the Derwent restaurant is essential. Pets allowed in rooms only . No pets in public areas. Free Wifi in The LateRooms.com rates for The Trout Hotel in Cockermouth are the total price of the room and not the 'per person' rate. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
100% would recommend it to a friend
Warm welcome, lovely room and excellent food.
would stay again
very nice hotel every thing was great food room cleanliness staff very helpfull