This hotel doesn't have any reviews yet.
About the hotel
This relatively undiscovered corner of South West France with its Mediterranean type climate nestles on the edge of Gascony and Lomagne in department 82 and is ideally situated to discover the “real rural France”. The region boasts chateaux, fortified churches, pre-historic caves, dozens of medieval villages and impressive religious structures, including World Heritage Sites. It has a beautiful and varied landscape ranging from forested hills and valleys to dramatic river cliffs and rolling farmland.
The property is situated in a pretty and rural location in the commune of Auvillar, just a few minutes (3km) from the village center. It is a medieval bastide village with impressive views over the Garonne valley. It is also listed as one of the prettiest villages in France (Un des plus beaux villages de France) with its unusual circular corn exchange and is an important stop on “Le Chemin de Saint Jacques-de-Compostelle” or “Way of Saint James” pilgrims walking route that passes through France to Lourdes and beyond in to Spain. In its own little valley with beautiful views from every angle and sheltered from strong winds, the house and grounds are frequently surrounded by acres of sunflowers. It is approached along an impressive graveled drive, which takes you through the extensive lawned gardens and orchard to the lovely 200 year old stone complex comprising of a large manor house with attached and detached stone outbuildings. The manicured grounds of over 4 acres surround the property and contain a private fishing lake, walled salt water swimming pool, BBQ area and games room. All you need to enjoy your “get away from it all” holiday. If this is not enough to tempt you to pay us a visit, add into the mix great walking and cycling plus fantastic food and wine to die for, what more could you possibly want! Please note we do not offer lunch or evening meals on site, but there is a wonderful and reasonably priced restaurant 1km from the property (10-15mins walk. ) and we are happy to reserve a table for you if you wish. Please just ask at time of booking. We do not accept credit cards but can accept paypal payments.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout
- Family friendly
- Babysitting services , Cots available , Children's Facilities - Outdoor
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas
- Outdoor Pool , Croquet , Table Tennis , Fishing
- In room entertainment
- TV , CD Player , [Channels] Foreign (European) , Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Iron And Board In Each Room
- Ground floor bedrooms
- Breakfast to go
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 16:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The LateRooms.com rate for Le Farat in Auvillar is the total price of the room and not the 'per person' rate. All taxes are included, with the exception of city tax, which will be charged at 0.70(EUR) per person per night and is payable to the hotel directly.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
No reviews yet