- Very Good
- 34 guest reviews
"Lovely hotel, really posh and well worth the money..."
"The hotel - bricks and mortar -was fine but I wouldn't stay here again as the attitude of the hotel chain towards its guests was very poor...."
"Nice and handy for the station for arriving/onward travel by train and close to shops and restaurants. Price is broadly comparable with othe..."
"Good central location, close to shops and bars and restaurants...."
"Exactly what we wanted. Clean, good looking hotel. Very central. Price wasn't cheap, but not overly expensive. Spacious rooms, had a good vi..."
About the hotel
The Clayton Hotel in Cardiff city offers a newly built, 12-story accommodation with 216 well-appointed air conditioned guest rooms. We're big on charm here, which is perhaps not surprising as we're located in one of Cardiff's tallest buildings! Panoramic views, excellent service and fantastic local attractions all await, as do complimentary Wi-Fi, a laptop safe and tea & coffee making facilities. Conferences are welcome here too, with eight rooms to choose from in a convenient venue.
All guests can have access to our fitness room located on Level 2, but if you simply want to relax, few hotels in Wales will welcome you as warmly. Off-site secure parking located on Wood Street (CH10 1EN) – 20% discount when staying at hotel. There is no loading/drop off bay at the front of the hotel. There is a loading area at the back of the hotel. Off-site parking charged at 9. 00 GBP per day.
Showing Monday 8 February 2016 to Tuesday 9 February 2016Change Search
- Disabled Facilities , Smoking allowed in bedrooms
- In room facilities
- Air conditioning in rooms , Safety Deposit Box , Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Iron And Board In Each Room , Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , 24 Hour Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Interconnecting rooms available
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Bar
- Fitness Centre
- In room entertainment
- TV , Radio
- Lift to all floors , Public Air Conditioning
- Car Parking Available Offsite
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms , Wheelchair Access To Leisure Facilities
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 12:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
85% would recommend it to a friend
Clayton Hotel Cardiff (formerly Best Western Maldron Hotel)
Lovely hotel, really posh and well worth the money
poor attitude - avoid this chain
The hotel - bricks and mortar -was fine but I wouldn't stay here again as the attitude of the hotel chain towards its guests was very poor.
It's not the staff, who were friendly, but the signs in the rooms about not stealing anything. I was astonished to see a list of the cost of all items in the room - from the TV to the bin - and strong notes that I would be charged if it was thought that anything was missing after my stay. I've never thought about stealing from a hotel before but that sign made me want to. If you treat your guests like thieves no doubt some of them will act like it. I think it reflects a very poor attitude towards your visitors and even contempt of them by the management. Avoid.