- Very Good
- 28 guest reviews
"A last minute booking online. Hadn't realised that there was no parking at the Inn and couldn't get parked near to unpack. Our annoyance was..."
"Very central location - one minute walk to Minster. Historic small hotel adjacent to Bootham Bar and the wall. Beautiful private beer garden..."
"Great room, great services, great food and great people..."
"Will definitely be going back to this lovely old inn .. The bed was very comfy the room was lovely and warm and even tho we were right at th..."
"A room with character and good value given the general prices in York. Also not a sterile chain but def something different. Compact with al..."
About the hotel
Grafted in to the ancient stone of the city itself just beyond the entrance of Bootham Bar, the Lamb & Lion Inn offers luxuriously appointed rooms looking out towards York Minster & Bootham Bar. It also offers hearty, unpretentious food alongside real ales and fine wines. Each unique en-suite bedroom has been beautifully decorated in earthy colours and all bathrooms benefit from luxury toiletries provided by Aromatherapy Associates.
Guests can also enjoy free Wi-Fi, a flat screen TV and tea/coffee making facilities. The Lamb & Lion Inn's restaurant boasts AA Rosette food and serves authentic, satisfying meals and simple but hearty sandwiches and soups that go perfectly with a pint of real ale or two! York Minster is just a 2 minute walk away and the National Railway Museum is just a 15 minute walk away. Discounted parking is available nearby.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, 24 Hour Reception, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Iron And Board In Each Room, Telephone In Each Room, Wake Up Call Available
- Wi-Fi Available, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar
- In Room Entertainment
- TV, Radio
- Car Parking Available Offsite
- [Channels] News, [Channels] Movies (Free), [Channels] Music, [Channels] Childrens
Useful Info Show/hide
- 15:00 23:00
- Up to 12 years old
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
86% would recommend it to a friend
Excellent service and comfortable room
A last minute booking online.
Hadn't realised that there was no parking at the Inn and couldn't get parked near to unpack. Our annoyance was short lived when we were upgraded to a much comfier room. The parking permit of £9.50 was worth it. The breakfast was top class and I will defo be back again. Excellent customer service.
Lovely 'Lamb & Lion' York, UK
Very central location - one minute walk to Minster.
Historic small hotel adjacent to Bootham Bar and the wall. Beautiful private beer garden at the back. Great fish and chip lunch - also smoked salmon sandwiches. Trad. breakfasts, including kippers. Clean and comfortable. Friendly helpful staff.