- Very Good
- 20 guest reviews
"Always working away and this will defenitly be on my list of places to stop again. Excellent...."
"Staff were so helpful on things to do if you weren't getting married and very friendly. Bar closed very early eg 11pm however service was ex..."
"Although the rooms are comfortable and away from the noise of the bar/restaurant if the weather is bad you will need to use an umbrella to c..."
"Really comfortable bed, room was warm and the breakfast was very tasty...."
"Easy to book, well received when we arrived, great value last minute booking, pub friendly, restaurant good...."
About the hotel
This delightful family-run hotel is nestled amidst the rolling South Scotland countryside, minutes from the M74 and near to Carlisle it offers great food, free parking and a thoroughly warm welcome. Located on the outskirts of romantic Gretna Green, the Mill Forge is a quaint complex of historic Grade-B listed buildings dating back to the 1700’s. A popular wedding venue, it is renowned for its tranquil surroundings and friendly service.
Within the beautiful landscaped grounds and sited around three attractive courtyards are 33 comfortable en-suite guestrooms. Specialising in a tantalising range of traditional British cuisine, the Restaurant has something to suit all tastes whilst the well-stocked Conservatory Bar is the ideal place to unwind and enjoy a drink. Situated just north of the Scotland England border it is the perfect base from which to explore the area’s many attractions including the Lake District, Hadrian’s Wall, Solway Coast, Carlisle Castle and Tullie House.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities , Cots available , Wedding Licence , Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Iron And Board In Each Room , Limited room service for hot food , Childrens Facilities - Outdoor , Doctor on call , Ground floor bedrooms
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas
- Restaurant , Bar
- In Room Entertainment
- TV , Radio
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
- [Channels] News , [Channels] Music , [Channels] Childrens
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 10:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
80% would recommend it to a friend
Always working away and this will defenitly be on my list of places to stop again.
Mill Forge Hotel
Staff were so helpful on things to do if you weren't getting married and very friendly.
Bar closed very early eg 11pm however service was excellent.