- 11 guest reviews
"Lovely hotel with extremely efficient and friendly staff. Our room was nicely decorated, very comfortable bed and a spacious bathroom. Great..."
"We were a family group of 6 celebrating my husband's 60th birthday - this was the perfect hotel, our rooms were so nice, great views and ver..."
"Stayed here at the last minute, as i couldnt get into the hydro, but I was glad I did, the place doesnt seem much from the outside, but it g..."
"Every member of staff was excellent, helpful and efficient. Restaurant was excellent. Good choice and very high quality. Room was fine. We w..."
"Great hotel allowing dogs to stay in rooms and relax with the bar. Water bowls on offer...."
About the hotel
Situated in the heart of Peebles we are a family run hotel totally geared up to providing you with a wonderful break. For mountain bikers looking for a bike-friendly hotel near Peebles, we are only 3 miles away from the world famous Glentress Centre; and for a walking holiday in the Scottish Borders, we have some of the finest walking in Southern Scotland on our doorstep. We have just introduced a new golf package, the Fully Flexible Go Golfing Trail, providing a superb golf break in Peebles; and with our enviable location in the stunning Tweed Valley, are the perfect choice for anglers looking for a fishing hotel on the Tweed.
Known for our excellent service and food we have 36 en-suite bedrooms, secure storage, drying room and private parking for our guests. So if you want to escape for some well earned rest and relaxation, or to enjoy a reunion with friends and family, the Tontine is the perfect place to be. Whatever your interest, with our local knowledge, warm hospitality and activity expertise we will make sure that you have an excellent stay.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , 24 Hour Reception , Cots available , Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Telephone In Each Room , Limited Hours Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Wake Up Call Available , Interconnecting rooms available , Pets Allowed , Porter
- Car parking available onsite , Car Parking Available Offsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , In-room Broadband , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar , Breakfast to go
- Mountain Bike Hire , Fishing
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
100% would recommend it to a friend
Lovely hotel with extremely efficient and friendly staff.
Our room was nicely decorated, very comfortable bed and a spacious bathroom. Great breakfast with a varied menu and although the dinner menu was a bit limited the food can't be faulted. We would definitely stay here again.
We were a family group of 6 celebrating my husband's 60th birthday - this was the perfect hotel, our rooms were so nice, great views and very conveniently situated in the middle of Peebles High Street.
What really made the stay special was the staff, particularly the receptionist, who was so helpful and pleasant. The lounge area was a really attractive place to sit for a drink and the breakfast room huge with high ceiling and chandeliers and fantastic breakfast.