- Very Good
- 23 guest reviews
"Clean but characterless small room. Evening meal was OK but breakfast was really good. Bed was small but comfortable. Room door very hard to..."
"A great place to stay where we were treated with care and plenty of attention. Beautiful old building...."
"Lovely staff. Room a little dated but comfortable..."
"Very pleased with accommodation but the evening food was basic and could be improved. Breakfast was very good...."
"We stayed here because we wanted somewhere close to Keele University so that we could celebrate our son's birthday. It was perfect, we had a..."
About the hotel
The Wheatsheaf Inn at Onneley has a long history going back to 1769 when it started serving ale as a coaching inn. The inn has been modernized in recent years but the old beams and open fires are still in place making it a cosy intimate place for a drink or a meal. Food is served in the bar or in our restaurant.
The Wheatsheaf also offer some impressive accommodation with our recently awarded AA 4* en suite double rooms, some having been converted from the stables used in the coaching inn era. We are also licensed for civil weddings, civil partnerships and naming ceremonies, with an adjoining golf course giving you the perfect backdrop for photographs. The Wheatsheaf really is an ideal venue for meetings both large and small, we also cater for other functions such as wedding receptions, birthdays, christenings, engagement and retirement parties.
Showing Saturday 28 November 2015 to Sunday 29 November 2015Change Search
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Children's Facilities - Outdoor , Pets Allowed
- Wedding Licence , Ground floor bedrooms
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Private dining services
- In room entertainment
- TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Music , [Channels] Childrens
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Trouser press in each room
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- 18/10/2010 to 31/10/2019 - Please ring in advance if you would like to book a table for dinner in our restaurant. Also please contact LateRooms if you will be checking in after 21:00 The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
87% would recommend it to a friend
Clean but characterless small room.
Evening meal was OK but breakfast was really good. Bed was small but comfortable. Room door very hard to open and close.
The Wheatsheaf Inn
Staff are very friendly and helpfull but took over an hour to get breakfast ?