- 17 guest reviews
"Been to lakes many times over the years but never found such a welcome as Steve and Lucy...."
"The red Lion was in a great location for sightseeing in The Lakes, hosts were on hand throughout our stay and nothing was too much trouble f..."
"Good atmosphere, no frills but clean, comfortable and welcoming, great for dogs (although ours stayed home!)...."
"Steve, the landlord met me immediately as I arrived and showed me to my room. Service was second to none and the food was really good honest..."
"A great welcome from Steve and Lucy and staff. Treated like long lost friends where nothing is too much trouble. Rooms were nice and clean a..."
About the hotel
The Red Lion Ulverston is a small country Inn with beautiful views, close to Lake Coniston. Good food, good beer, dogs and children welcome. There is a wide selection on the menu and it's all top quality.
Everything from the staff to the decor is inviting. Acoustic music night second thursday of every month. Beginner and intermediate players who want to play and sing with other musicians. Start 8. 30 until late. Room check in is from 5 pm Monday - Friday unless requested earlier and from 2pm Saturday/Sunday.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Pets Allowed
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- Restaurant , Bar
- In room entertainment
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 17:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
100% would recommend it to a friend
Hosts and accomodation
Been to lakes many times over the years but never found such a welcome as Steve and Lucy.
The red Lion was in a great location for sightseeing in The Lakes, hosts were on hand throughout our stay and nothing was too much trouble food was fantastic room comfortable and clean and dog friendly too, will definitely be returning.