- Very Good
- 8 guest reviews
"We paid above the tariff due to the booking agent..."
"Great rural location. Stayed in bedroom in the main house which was good size and had a magnificent 4 poster bed. The bathroom needed updati..."
"I enjoyed my stay at this little hotel with all the external rooms. The food is extraordinary good. I was more than positive surprised. The..."
"This was my first visit to speech house and I will definitely be returning, the members of staff went above and beyond the entire trip. they..."
About the hotel
Set in the heart of the idyllic Royal Forest of Dean, this historic former 17th Century Hunting Lodge boasts fantastic forest views, charming accommodation, superb dining and free Wi-Fi and parking. Originally built in 1676, the Hotel blends the elegance of authentic period features with stylish design and contemporary facilities. Overlooking the romantic wilderness of the surrounding forest, it’s the ideal retreat for exploring this area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
Each of the comfortably appointed guestrooms provides period charm with modern facilities. Rooms are located either in the main house or the adjacent courtyard with many benefiting from four-poster beds and forest views. For formal dining, the beamed Verderer’s Court restaurant offers fantastic contemporary European cuisine. For lighter meals and snacks, the Orangery is the perfect place to unwind after a long day. The Hotel is just 30 minutes from Gloucester and the M5 and 40 minutes from Cheltenham and the M4. It is also near to such great attractions as Dean Forest Steam Railway, Wye Valley, Clearwell Caves and Chepstow Castle.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities , 24 Hour Reception , Cots available , Wedding Licence , Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Iron And Board In Each Room , Telephone In Each Room , 24 Hour Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Laundry/Valet Service , Pets Allowed , Ground floor bedrooms
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar
- In Room Entertainment
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
- [Channels] News , [Channels] Music , [Channels] Childrens
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 10:00 hours
- 22/09/2016 to 31/12/2025 - Please note pets are allowed on the ground floor courtyard rooms only; excluding four poster rooms. The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
100% would recommend it to a friend
The room required a deep clean
We paid above the tariff due to the booking agent
One night stay
Great rural location.
Stayed in bedroom in the main house which was good size and had a magnificent 4 poster bed. The bathroom needed updating but the shower worked well. Dinner in the dining room was very good as was the service. Breakfast buffet was also very good.