- Very Good
- 14 guest reviews
"The speech house is beautifully situated in the middle of the forest. The hotel is old fashioned in the best way possible with gorgeous feat..."
"Arrived on Saturday for the Forest of Dean half marathon the next day. Reception was quick and efficient and informed us of choices of eatin..."
"Speech House was a wonderful find Hotel in the Forest of Dean. Lovely walks to be had in the woods surrounding the Hotel and the rooms were..."
"Upgraded to Wedding Suite ... Big well decorated room ... The biggest 4 poster bed in the UK? V comfortable ... only downside - need to be p..."
"We stayed 1 night. Hotel interior is pleasant if a little dated. The whole place could do with a lick of paint inside. Having said that the..."
About the hotel
Set in the heart of the idyllic Royal Forest of Dean, this historic former 17th Century Hunting Lodge boasts fantastic forest views, charming accommodation, superb dining and free Wi-Fi and parking. Originally built in 1676, the Hotel blends the elegance of authentic period features with stylish design and contemporary facilities. Overlooking the romantic wilderness of the surrounding forest, it’s the ideal retreat for exploring this area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
Each of the comfortably appointed guestrooms provides period charm with modern facilities. Rooms are located either in the main house or the adjacent courtyard with many benefiting from four-poster beds and forest views. For formal dining, the beamed Verderer’s Court restaurant offers fantastic contemporary European cuisine. For lighter meals and snacks, the Orangery is the perfect place to unwind after a long day. The Hotel is just 30 minutes from Gloucester and the M5 and 40 minutes from Cheltenham and the M4. It is also near to such great attractions as Dean Forest Steam Railway, Wye Valley, Clearwell Caves and Chepstow Castle.
Showing Thursday 2 July 2015 to Friday 3 July 2015Change Search
We currently have no rooms available for this hotel that match your search criteria. Try changing your search or select an alternative hotel.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception, Limited Hours Room Service, Limited room service for hot food, Laundry/Valet Service
- Family friendly
- Cots available, Pets Allowed
- Wedding Licence, Ground floor bedrooms
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms, Private dining services
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar
- In room entertainment
- TV, [Channels] News, [Channels] Music, [Channels] Childrens
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Telephone In Each Room
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled Access Bedrooms, Disabled toilets on ground floor, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar, Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms, Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 10:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
71% would recommend it to a friend
A delightful and relaxing stay.
The speech house is beautifully situated in the middle of the forest.
The hotel is old fashioned in the best way possible with gorgeous features. It's not super swanky and the dining areas are not very modern or glamorous but this wasn't a problem because everything was delightful. The staff are friendly and helpful, the food is sublime and the beds comfortable. We overslept (checkout is 10.30) but didn't get a call until nearly 1pm with no extra charges. I'd definitely come back.
Extremely Comfortable stay
Arrived on Saturday for the Forest of Dean half marathon the next day.
Reception was quick and efficient and informed us of choices of eating. Advised to book if eating in restaurant as only one table left. The room was large and comfortable. Had coffee in the orangery which was relaxing. Went to dinner and the food was fantastic - well presented and cooked perfectly. Newspaper was ordered for the morning and was ready and waiting and the breakfast was also a fabulous choice. Staff checked all was well and were friendly and approachable. Would recommend.