- Very Good
- 28 guest reviews
"A well presented 'manor house' building which serves the business customer very well. The swimming pool is fairly small but it is quite suff..."
"Blackwell Grange offers excellent accommodation. The staff are friendly and efficient. the food is excellent and the accommodation although..."
"The experience was very good indeed from check in to check out. It was super thanks to all the staff who obviously work hard to get everythi..."
"Excellent room with a superb view. The hotel is set admist beautiful surroundings...."
"Blackwell Grange offers excellent value for money. The rooms are a little dated but none the less clean and tidy. The hotel offers a spa fac..."
About the hotel
Blackwell Grange Hotel is a beautiful 17th century mansion set in 15 acres of its own wooded parklands of the County Durham countryside. just on the outskirts of Darlington. The historic city of Durham and Middlesbrough are both on the doorstep and Newcastle is just a short drive away.
The A1(M) is less than ten minutes from the hotel, with Darlington rail station just a mile away and Teeside International Airport is nearby. Blackwell Grange offers a selection of 109 en-suite bedrooms with a choice of standard and premier rooms. All of our bedrooms are non-smoking and include a flat screen TV and tea and coffee making facilities. Free car parking and complimentary wi-fi is offered to all guests. The hotel's leisure facilities include a heated indoor pool, spa, solarium and saunas - and Blackwell Grange and Stressholme Golf courses are right on the doorstep. Dine at Havelock Restaurant or in Captain Cooks Bar, which offers stunning views over the grounds and golf course - this really is the ideal place to stay for business or leisure. There is plenty to do in the area with the breath taking Yorkshire Moors, Beamish Open Air Museum, Shildon Railway Museum, Durham Cathedral and the Hartlepool Historic Quay all within easy reach.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities , 24 Hour Reception , Cots available , Wedding Licence , Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Trouser press in each room , Telephone In Each Room , 24 Hour Room Service , Wake Up Call Available , Doctor on call , Porter , Ground floor bedrooms
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar
- Gymnasium , Indoor Pool , Fitness Centre , Sauna , Massage , Beauty Salon/Manicure , Solarium , Jacuzzi
- In Room Entertainment
- TV , Radio
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled toilets on ground floor
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
71% would recommend it to a friend
Blackwell Grange means Business
A well presented 'manor house' building which serves the business customer very well.
The swimming pool is fairly small but it is quite sufficient for a reviving swim and relaxation. The food is excellent and well presented and the staff are attentive. Beds are comfortable and showers are powerful and hot.
back at the grange
Blackwell Grange offers excellent accommodation.
The staff are friendly and efficient. the food is excellent and the accommodation although a little dated is clean, tidy and generous.
I have stayed here a number of times whilst attending meetings in Darlington and have to date never been disappointed. The fact that the hotel has a swimming pool is a surprising extra bonus . The breakfast is a buffet style and is always fresh and plentiful. I will be back again soon.