- Very Good
- 53 guest reviews
"Room was very spacious and clean with comfortable beds and decent shower. Breakfast was excellent - wide choice and plenty of it. Madingley..."
"Full marks for history and atmosphere: it is not often that one can stay in a Tudor mansion with gardens and grounds designed by Capability..."
"Excellent accommodation and building full of history. Breakfast was great. Grounds beautiful...."
"Set in beautiful grounds the imposing House was a delightful place to stay. Well appointed room with all the necessary facilities...."
"Excellent! All round excellent...."
About the hotel
Madingley Hall is a University owned estate set in 7 acres of delightful landscaped gardens, 3 miles west of Cambridge. The Hall has easy access from the M11, the A14 from the North and East, and the A428 from the West, with good links to the three London Airports and ample free car parking on site. The Hall is regularly used for educational and training events and has 61 ensuite bedrooms (12 double, 10 twin and 39 single) which are welcoming, comfortably furnished and have garden views.
Each room has a digital television, free broadband internet, direct dial phone, tea and coffee making facilities and a personal safe. Although not an hotel, Madingley Hall offers quality campus accommodation, 24 hour reception, a Bar, a personal service and a full choice of English or continental breakfast served in our historic Dining Hall
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities , 24 Hour Reception , Safety Deposit Box , Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Telephone In Each Room , Wake Up Call Available , Ground floor bedrooms
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , In-room Broadband , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas
- In Room Entertainment
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
98% would recommend it to a friend
Fantastic place to stay
Room was very spacious and clean with comfortable beds and decent shower.
Breakfast was excellent - wide choice and plenty of it. Madingley Hall is a beautiful and interesting building, staff were helpful and welcoming, and our whole stay had a really good feel about it.
Great history and atmosphere, somewhat disappointing food
Full marks for history and atmosphere: it is not often that one can stay in a Tudor mansion with gardens and grounds designed by Capability Brown for such a reasonable price.
Breakfast in the Dining Hall hung with portraits, on porcelain bearing the University of Cambridge crest was also fine. In the evening, bar food is available and I was fine with that, however the choice was very limited particularly for my vegetarian milk-allergic companion. Also, the bar stops serving at 8:30 pm. Having had our main courses, we were unable to order desert at 8:50 as the chef had already left. I do think a dress code should be implemented here. When staying in such a fine setting, and dressing appropriately, one does not want to come across fellow guests in overly casual attire.