- Very Good
- 13 guest reviews
"Only here for a short overnight stay, arriving around 9pm and leaving around 10am next day. Really cant complain at the price - small, but..."
"No problems with hotel, clean and tidy, staff friendly, value for money. Would recommend...."
"Room was clean and reasonably modern. Bed comfy. No issues. Would stay again...."
"excellent accommodation, comfortable bed ,friendly staff good value for money. staying again...."
"Very dated hotel but clean and comfortable...."
About the hotel
Built as a coaching inn during the early 1800s, the Imperial Crown has been transformed into a stylish hotel without losing any of its traditional character. It is located in the town centre, opposite Halifax railway station and with easy access from the M62. The hotel is a great venue for special events with its time honoured library and wood-panelled rooms.
The delightful Wallis Simpson Restaurant and Café Bar offer meals, drinks and informal snacks and there is also a relaxing, cobbled courtyard garden. .
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, 24 Hour Reception, Wedding Licence, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Telephone In Each Room, 24 Hour Room Service, Wake Up Call Available
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- Restaurant, Bar
- In Room Entertainment
Useful Info Show/hide
- Up to 12 years old
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
77% would recommend it to a friend
Reasonable and very central
Only here for a short overnight stay, arriving around 9pm and leaving around 10am next day.
Really cant complain at the price - small, but clean and comfortable hotel. Quite small room and bathroom but entirely ok for the price - all you need for an overnight stay. Staff were welcoming and friendly. Very centrally located and convenient for train station if arriving that way
Only slight downsides were :
1) Air vent / conditioning duct seemed to be very close outside my room window - didnt stop all night - a minor inconvenience to me and didnt really affect me but it would have annoyed some people more if sensitive to noise
2) Theres extensive building works immediately next to the hotel just now - work permitted between (I think) 0700-1800 weekdays and similar at weekends form memory- and when it started, they might as well have been in the same room as me - pretty deafening. So, perhaps not the place if you are planning a night out / lie in or have children with you, but fine for a business traveller who would likely be up and about between those times anyway.
No problems with hotel, clean and tidy, staff friendly, value for money.