- Very Good
- 16 guest reviews
"We stayed for 2 nights and enjoyed our stay at this well run establishment. Our well decorated room was in the courtyard which was warm and..."
"Beautiful traditional inn. Very clean with excellent facilities. Friendly efficient staff...."
"An unexpected upgrade to a four poster bed, excellent food served in restaurant, clean and friendly, would definitely stay here again...."
"If you're lucky enough to find this charming place called Chilham then as you enter the street you will be met by a most marvellous hotel ca..."
"Friendly atmosphere. Nice , clean . Lovely comfy Bed , Would stay again...."
About the hotel
The Woolpack Inn is located in the Garden of England Just off the A28 between Ashford and Canterbury is the chocolate box village of Chilham, where you can find a real gem; the 600 year old Woolpack Inn is nestled at the bottom of the hill leading in the shadow of the Norman castle. With its vast oak beams and inglenook fireplaces it offers a glimpse into hospitality of yesteryear. The inn is said to be haunted by the Grey lady, a friendly ghost who wanders the main building.
Visitors can choose to relax in the cosy bar, the restaurant with its glorious bay window and country lane views or the patio courtyard where they will find the olive tree which has been in situ since the inn was built. Parking is not a problem with availability for 25 cars to the rear of the hotel and space enough to accommodate a coach. The Woolpack provides a great stop-over destination being just 30 minutes from the channel tunnel and Ashford International. The Inn boasts a home-cooked menu with many of the ingredients being sourced locally. Fish comes off the boat in the morning and often is on the plate by lunch service. Simple, honest food seems to be the order of the day. Local mushroom sautéed in garlic butter, finished with stilton and cream and presented on a garlic ciabatta, real home-made steak & Spitfire Ale pie, and homemade strawberry shortcake give a hint of the homely fayre on offer. The Woolpack Inn has 14 bedrooms, including two four poster rooms with rugs, roll-top baths and views to match. The double rooms are modestly priced at £60. The room are located in an old stable block, across, garage and the main building and are all tastefully decorated in keeping with the age of the Inn. Three have access to a small, private garden area- a great plus for families or an opportunity to just sit and unwind. The family-run Woolpack combines a fantastic location and great hospitality to make a memorable trip, a must on any visit to the South East
Showing Saturday 30 April 2016 to Sunday 1 May 2016Change Search
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Pets Allowed
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- Restaurant , Bar , Breakfast to go
- In room entertainment
- Video/DVD Player , TV , Video/DVD Library , [Channels] News , Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- Limited Hours Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Laundry/Valet Service
- Ground floor bedrooms
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
81% would recommend it to a friend
Delightful Country Inn
We stayed for 2 nights and enjoyed our stay at this well run establishment.
Our well decorated room was in the courtyard which was warm and welcoming. We ate in the restaurant bth nights and enjoyed the food on offer
Could do better.
Low rating of accommodation due to excessive noise from plumbing.
Kitchen seems slightly erratic. This is a nice place to stay but with a little attention to detail it could be good.