- Very Good
- 186 guest reviews
"I would highly recommend using this hotel as it is brilliant in everyway possible...."
"Stayed here for the weekend, lovely little hotel, room was clean and tidy, bed was comfortable & shower in room was hot and lovely. Restaur..."
"The staff were amazing, can not fault them at all. The room was very clean. I personally think it was worth the money that we paid to stay a..."
"Stayed for 2 nights. Really good value for money. I would stay there again...."
"Room was clean. A little tired and dated in areas but for 25 pounds each including breakfast good value for money. Used as stop over whilst..."
About the hotel
The seaport of Barrow-in-Furness is found at the tip of the Furness peninsula, bordered by Morecambe Bay, the Duddon Estuary and the Irish Sea. It offers the ideal base to explore the Lake District and is close to Furness Abbey, Piel Island and many other attractions including South Lakes Safari Zoo (to which Hotel Majestic residents enjoy discounted admission). The Hotel Majestic is situated in the heart of Barrow, close to the impressive Victorian Town Hall.
Built in the 19th century, this elegant Victorian listed building is one of Barrow-in-Furness' oldest and most famous hotels. Only 2 minutes walk from the shopping centre and local amenities, the hotel offers a high standard of accommodation with free limited on-site parking. The Hotel Majestic consists of 41 en-suite bedrooms, all featuring designer bathrooms, flat screen televisions with an abundance of channels, tea and coffee making facilities and WI-FI internet access. Please note at present there is no elevator service. The highly revered Francesca's Restaurant is situated on the ground floor and is open every day from noon until late with an enticing menu of old and new Italian recipes, popular house specialties, irresistible desserts and a large selection of European wines and foreign beers.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , Concierge , Laundry/Valet Service , Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Interconnecting rooms available
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite , Car Parking Available Offsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Translation Service
- Restaurant , Bar , Breakfast to go
- In room entertainment
- TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Movies (Free) , [Channels] Music , [Channels] Childrens , Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 10:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
87% would recommend it to a friend
Needs a serious upgrade and clean
Room looked very tired with old wardrobes and pillows that had nothing left to support.
Window sills were dusty also. Hotel is incredibly noisy outside and didn't quieten down until 2am. Breakfast was poor bacon and hash browns burnt and no air con.
I would highly recommend using this hotel as it is brilliant in everyway possible.