- Very Good
- 24 guest reviews
"We were not able to have shower as the occupants in the room above were obviously having a shower and the water was coming through the ceili..."
"Cant fault all the staff at all. While the room was very clean ( liked the idea of leaving the room cleaners name in the room ) I felt 4 the..."
"It was a good place to stay and central to Fareham. Welcoming and knowledgeable staff. Only one small drawback, I could not get the ceiling..."
"My son is in a wheelchair with additional physical needs and the hotel made sure we had a ground floor room and were accommodating completel..."
"The Hotel is situated in a very conveniant spot for visiting the area we needed a base while visiting an elderly parent .We would definately..."
About the hotel
Once a private residence built at the height of the Georgian era, Lysses House in Fareham is now a small, friendly, independent Hotel. . Lysses (pronounced Lissies) House Hotel, set in the heart of the old Hampshire market town of Fareham, is a mile from Junction 11 of the M27, midway between Portsmouth and Southampton.
Bus and railway stations are also within easy reach. The hotel enjoys a central position in the town. It also benefits from beautiful grounds including a peaceful tree-lined rear garden and garden terrace - ideal for a wedding, civil ceremony or other celebration. Lysses House Hotel offers a unique blend of high standards, personal service, fine food and excellent facilities, but most of all - friendly personal service delivered by a team of great people! The Richmond Restaurant can cater for anything from a quick breakfast to a leisurely 4 course dinner. Our menu is available at both lunch and dinner. Room service is available day and night with a variety of options. The bar, lounge and garden terrace provide an ideal setting for a pleasant drink or a quick snack whether in the company of friends and family or business colleagues. Tea and coffee can be served in any of the public areas throughout the day. The hotel has 21 ensuite bedrooms. Free wifi is available throughout the hotel and hotel residents can also enjoy free entry to LA Fitness, just five minutes walk from Lysses. Conferences, weddings, civil ceremonies and private functions can all be catered for.
Showing Tuesday 1 December 2015 to Wednesday 2 December 2015Change Search
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities
- In room facilities
- Air conditioning in rooms , Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Trouser press in each room , Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , Limited Hours Room Service , Laundry/Valet Service , Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available
- Wedding Licence , Porter , Ground floor bedrooms
- Car parking available onsite , Car Parking Available Offsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Secretary Service , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar , Breakfast to go
- In room entertainment
- TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Music , [Channels] Childrens , Radio
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
83% would recommend it to a friend
Pleasant - but bedroom in need of a refurb...
We spent one night here, a Saturday night, and it was extremely quiet.
Hardly noticed any other guests and the staff were all very pleasant, helpful and the reception and bar/lounge areas were comfortable and no complaints there. However - the room we were in was in desperate need of some r&m. It was at the top of the hotel, at the back, and the position was great in that it had no adjacent rooms, was quiet, reasonably spacious and the bed was comfortable. We were also offered the chance to swap (before we had even seen the room) upon registering as it was up 2 flights of stairs and other rooms were available but once we were up there and settled, we decided to stay.
The issue was damp. Wallpaper is peeling from the walls and ceiling in the corners, and towels left on the window sills to soak up the moisture. This wasn't helped as the heating was off when we arrived - once on, it removed the slight musty smell, and stayed warm all evening. At just under £100, it was a bit over-priced, but a decent enough stay and we were well looked after.
We were not able to have shower as the occupants in the room above were obviously having a shower and the water was coming through the ceiling into our shower.