- Very Good
- 25 guest reviews
"Very dated and requires decoration . A Christian retreat so may feel slightly a fish out of water as prayers were said at dinner and one nig..."
"My husband and I booked a evening at this Christian hotel as we were staying in Sidmouth for an early anniversary treat. We were not expecti..."
"We stayed in a room in annexe for 3 nights over Easter. The room had shared bathroom facilities which were clean and very adequate. I had a..."
"We booked the hotel room quite late and to be fair we did get it cheap. The hotel is in a beautiful setting with lovely gardens. On the even..."
"The room we had, was positioned at the furthest end away from reception, involving walking down what seemed like endless corridors. As we wa..."
About the hotel
72 bedroom Hotel and can accommodate up to 133 guests, including a number of ground floor rooms and 2 disabled rooms. All the bedrooms at Sidholme Hotel include Fair-Trade tea and coffee making facilities and hair-dryers. Bedrooms do not have televisions, however a comfortable television room is easily located within the Hotel.
Parking is free for Guests of the Hotel. This gracious Georgian mansion has been welcoming guests for 80 years with a Christian ethos. It was originally built for the 6th Earl of Buckinghamshire and was known as Richmond Lodge. It is particularly noted for its magnificent Music Room, complete with fine chandeliers and Gothic-style organ. Well suited to the holiday maker and conference delegate alike, who can work, rest or play in its peaceful and relaxing surroundings. The hotel is located in nine acres of delightful grounds and when staying you have complimentary use of our Indoor Heated Swimming Pool The hotel is only a few minutes walk from the centre of the town of Sidmouth with its splendid coastline, newly appointed as part of the Jurassic Coast World Heritage Site. The Hotel is a really welcoming place for anyone visiting on their own. Whether you are escaping for a few days to restore your equilibrium or need peace and tranquillity to work free from distractions, Sidholme Hotel is there for you. The restaurant has communal tables which guests (couples and individuals alike) can join to dine with and get to know other guests. We plan to have different activities on offer and plenty of more relaxing options in between. A chance to learn, smile and maybe find a new hobby. Please be informed that the hotel does not have lift facilities. Sidholme Hotel is part of Christian Guild group of Hotels and we welcome everyone, guests are free to take part with as much or as little of the daily activities as they wish. Please be aware that a 1. 5% charge will be added to your payment should you choose to pay using a credit card. ”
Showing Wednesday 29 July 2015 to Thursday 30 July 2015Change Search
We currently have no rooms available for this hotel that match your search criteria. Try changing your search or select an alternative hotel.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities
- Family friendly
- Cots available, Children's Facilities - Indoor
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Private dining services
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu
- Indoor Pool, Pitch n' Putt, Croquet, Table Tennis, Snooker/Billiards
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room
- Porter, Ground floor bedrooms
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled Access Bedrooms, Disabled toilets on ground floor, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms, Wheelchair Access To Leisure Facilities, Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
- In room entertainment
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 10:00 hours
- 01/01/2013 to 31/01/2020 - Please be aware that a 1.5% charge will be added to your payment should you choose to pay using a credit card.” Newton Poppleford Road Closure Diversion in place from 5 Oct 13 for 11 weeks The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
88% would recommend it to a friend
Very dated and requires decoration .
A Christian retreat so may feel slightly a fish out of water as prayers were said at dinner and one night they were due to take a collection ( Cheque) for a charitable cause
sidholme hotel feedback may 2014
My husband and I booked a evening at this Christian hotel as we were staying in Sidmouth for an early anniversary treat.
We were not expecting a great deal as we had purchased the room very cheaply £37 and really just wanted a bed for the night in Sidmouth as both love the beaches there. We were extremely pleased at arriving at the Hotel. The grounds and gardens were really beautiful as we walked up to the reception to book in. The hotel is old fashioned but quaint. Man on reception was very friendly and polite.Our room was in the side annexe- not in the main hotel-it was basic with tea and coffee making facilites but spacious and very clean (rooms a little tired- but surrounded by gardens so all we could hear was bird song.)
We had the pool all to our self in the evening and it was extremely clean and warm and fresh towels available. Next day we wandered through the garden which was so pretty. We will definitely book to stay there again and probably pay more for one of the superior rooms. Thanks for a perfect stay. Very relaxing.