- 11 guest reviews
"A very nice surprise to be upgraded to a superior room (spa bath was lovely)amazing views of Dunster Castle and the Yarn Market from our roo..."
"The hotel was fantastic, steeped in history and set in an idyllic Medieval village. Our four poster room was just amazing and very romantic..."
"From the moment we entered the Hotel from the pouring rain, we were warm and comfortable in every way. Our dog, Henry, was looked after and..."
"Many thanks to the staff over the bank holiday weekend, our stay was superb, the medieval 4 poster room was excellent, a truly great room, t..."
"Stayed for 3 nights. Dunster is a lovely place to stay and the hotel has real character. Although there are a number of free parking spaces..."
About the hotel
A beautiful 13th Century property set on a hillside in the quaint town of Dunster, located just 1 mile from the beach and even closer to the magnificent Dunster Castle. The hotel was used in medieval times as a guest house by the Abbots of Cleeve. Set in the only street in Dunster and within the Exmoor National Park, this sleepy hotel is an escapist’s paradise.
There are 28 bedrooms where guests enter and step back in time. Every room is unique and exquisitely furnished as if time had stood still. The magnificent four-poster beds are dwarfed by the high ceilings and exposed oak beams. In the winter the open fires glow and a very warm atmosphere is created throughout the hotel. When dining there are two options to choose from in this intimate hotel. The Luttrell Arms Restaurant offers a more formal meal where the Head Chef has created some exciting meals based on the bests of modern British Cuisine. The bar which is styled as a traditional pub, serves meals that extend to the garden outside in the summer months for alfresco dining at its best. Dunster is one of Somerset’s best kept secrets set between Exmoor National Park and The Bristol Channel. The village skyline is dominated by the castle standing on a hill that rises 85 metres above the sea. The home of the Luttrell family for over 600 years it is now a National Trust property. The Medieval village is a time capsule waiting to be discovered with history on every corner. There is even a steam railway to make sure the 21st Century is left well and truly behind. Somerset offers much to see and do; there is something to suit every taste. There are a wealth of historic and famous castles and gardens, such as Dunster Castle, Wells Cathedral, Montacute House and Hestercombe Gardens. Great family attractions like Brean Leisure Park, Fleet Air Arms Museum, Haynes International Motor Museum, Wookey Hole and the Cheddar Caves. Plus stunning Natural Features such as Glastonbury Tor, Dunkery Beacon on Exmoor, Ham Hill Country Park and spectacular nature reserves such as Westhay, Ebbor Gorge and Tarr Steps.
Showing Monday 8 February 2016 to Tuesday 9 February 2016Change Search
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Pets Allowed
- Wedding Licence , Porter , Ground floor bedrooms
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , In-room Broadband , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Business Centre
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar , Breakfast to go
- In room entertainment
- TV , Satellite TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Music , [Channels] Childrens , Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Trouser press in each room , Iron And Board In Each Room , Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- Limited Hours Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Wake Up Call Available
- Car Parking Available Offsite
- Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
91% would recommend it to a friend
The Luttrell Arms Hotel
A very nice surprise to be upgraded to a superior room (spa bath was lovely)amazing views of Dunster Castle and the Yarn Market from our room.
Staff very obliging and friendly nothing too much trouble.
A fantastic place to stay!
The hotel was fantastic, steeped in history and set in an idyllic Medieval village.
Our four poster room was just amazing and very romantic - perfect for a romantic short break. Friendly, hardworking staff and superb food made this a perfect get-away and my husband and I are planning a return visit!