- 6 guest reviews
"great little country pub good food good ale and good walks around don't be put off by how close it is to Halifax..."
"Room to small not worth the money bath room needs up dating we were in classic room apart from that every thing else was great location scen..."
"A really really friendly place to stay. Wonderful setting and excellent food...."
"Sheer luxury in room, wonderful location, great food, lovely staff, good real ales. Top marks...."
"Fantastic food, pleasant staff..."
About the hotel
This family run 17th Century Inn, just three miles from Halifax, has an excellent reputation for its two AA rosette restaurant, offers free Wi-Fi and boasts traditional log fires. Shibden Mill Inn nestles in the fold of the Shibden Valley overlooking Red Beck. and is steeped in history.
The property has been sympathetically renovated to retain its original charm and character. There are 11 en-suite bedrooms offering the homely style and comfort of a traditional Inn, but including modern day conveniences such as flat screen TV, DVD player (with access to DVD library), Tea & Coffee making facilities, Hair-Dryer, Telephone, Radio Alarm and Bathrobes. Rooms offer fresh linen on relaxing beds that are sure to offer the perfect night’s rest. The Grill Room restaurant (open Friday and Saturday evening) is a popular venue for special occasions and splendid dinners, where the head chef and his team offer a wide and varied selection of dishes that are guaranteed to satisfy every palate. The private dining room, found to the side of the main restaurant, offers a warm and private setting for smaller parties of up to 8; ideal for a special birthday or anniversary celebration. As well as being awarded two AA rosette for fine dining, the restaurant has been awarded a host of prestigious awards, including Food Pub of the year, Best Full English Breakfast, Les Routiers Inn of the year 2011 and Sunday Lunch pub of the year at the Publican Food & Drink Awards. The cosy and welcoming bar offers an ambient atmosphere in which to wind down after a busy day. With an excellent range of beers and spirits, as well as teas, coffees and a great selection of wines from around the world, you are sure to find the perfect accompaniment to enjoy with friendly conversation. Located in the idyllic and peaceful Shibden, the regions commercial and cultural centres are easily accessible and lovers of the countryside can also enjoy a series of planned walks around the valley. Halifax itself boasts several attractions that will appeal to a range of people, from the local sporting locations including the Rugby and Football stadium, The Shay, to the ever popular Children's Museum Eureka!.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities
- Family friendly
- Cots available
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Business Centre
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar , Breakfast to go
- In room entertainment
- Video/DVD Player , TV , Video/DVD Library , [Channels] News , [Channels] Music , [Channels] Childrens , Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Iron And Board In Each Room , Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- Limited Hours Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Wake Up Call Available
- Doctor on call , Porter
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
100% would recommend it to a friend
great little country pub good food good ale and good walks around
don't be put off by how close it is to Halifax
Shibden Mill Inn
Room to small not worth the money bath room needs up dating we were in classic room apart from that every thing else was great location scenery walks could not fault